“The Staff is Very Helpful”

Pleasanton Marriott
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Pearl City, Hawaii
“The Staff is Very Helpful”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The room is average. It is nice and fairly clean, but didn't have a refrigerator in the room. No views whatsoever. I don't know they are all like that, though. Positive is that the staff is very helpful and friendly. They help you any way that they can to satisfy you. Negative is the bar staff. When a lady bartender is behind the bar working, forget it! She doesn't acknowledge you at all or serve you. I had to wait about 10 min. trying to get ONE drink. She didn't even say "Hi!" or "I'll be right with you!" and It wasn't even busy. Finally, I just left! Go there only when a guy bartender is working.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We sincerely regret any inconvenience you may have encountered while visiting the hotel lounge. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I have sent you a message through this forum with contact information. We hope you'll reach out to us so that we may learn more about what happened.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Very disappointing. Platinum points member and couldn't get the King bed we reserved even though we stayed a week -- and the room was tiny and they put us in a really terrible location. Complained loudly but still spend the week with my husband in double doubles. Ugh. Plus, the fire alarm system in the rooms flash bright green strobe lights all night so you can't even sleep. The elevators were broken most of the time as well. Overall, this hotel shouldn't even have the Marriott name on it.

Room Tip: You will NOT get a King bed here, and no amount of Marriott Points are going to make any difference...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Moretravel1234
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
It is truly disheartening to read comments like yours. We sincerely regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. It is our hope that we have the opportunity to speak to you directly regarding your experiences. Please contact Jason at jdorfman@pyramidhotelgroup.com at your earliest convenience so your comments may be addressed further. Thank you.
North Carolina
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Wonderful weekend rate which included the breakfast buffet, try the omelets! The rooms are standard, comfortable beds, but nothing amazing. The attentive and hard working staff make any visit a good one.

Room Tip: Try to not get an adjoining room as you can hear everything from next door.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank C D
It is wonderful that you had the opportunity to spend a weekend with us and we thank you for your great review. We regret any inconvenience you may have experienced while here. For any future stays, we have a variety of room types and our team is available to ensure your accommodations meet your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Pleasanton soon.
Ambler
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I am a Marriott Platinum and expect a few things when I get to a hotel, a king bed, clean room and working internet and upon arrival they only got 1 out of 3 correct.

Upon checkin the front desk clerk informed me that I had reserved a king room however they did not have any remaining and had to put me in a double. I asked her to check again stating that I find it completely unacceptable and she had told me she was sorry but nothing was available. I told her that would be perfectly fine, but I expect my $100 cash in hand right away as I wanted to invoke my Marriott Platinum room type guarantee and all of the sudden they found me a King room. Not sure how that magically happened, but I found that unacceptable.

The second issue I had was my room. I only partially fault the hotel for this because housekeeping should have noticed the issue, but the real issue is at customers who refuse to follow rules. The hotel is non-smoking and clearly someone had been smoking in the room before I arrived. The window in the room was actually open and I could smell it, however I was too tired to care and just went to sleep. The next day I informed the front desk of the issue and within 5 minutes housekeeping was in my room with an ozone machine and spray to remove the odor which worked perfectly. Great job here, but housekeeping should have seen the open window, smelled the smoke and fixed the issue before someone had to complain.

Room service and Food: Exceptional staff in both delivery as well as in the bar area. Food was very tasty, but very minimal menu especially if you are going to be spending quite a few days here you would be bored with the menu quickly

Concierge Lounge had quite a good spread of food but the layout of the area makes it very tight up there for breakfast. Not enough seats for the number of people up there so you didn't always have a place to sit and actually eat. They utilized the bar area for food where the chairs for the solo travelers which seems a little odd as well since at no time could you just sit down on those chairs. Additionally, the dinner options really stayed out way to long. I would see the food out until after 8:30pm and considering how long it had been out I wouldn't suggest eating it at that point.

Noisy rooms: If you are a really light sleeper I might recommend you stay at another hotel. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything in the rooms around you. I could even hear when the adjacent room turned on their bathroom faucet!

Shuttle: Now this is a HUGE problem. The normal drivers were always prompt and curteous (Especially the guy in the mornings) However when the evening guy had an emergency the hotel decided to use the front desk clerk to take me downtown for dinner. After calling for a pickup they said they were sending someone out. I waited around for about 40 minutes to which nobody shows up. Decided to call back and the person who answered the phone knew she made a mistake and said the driver was sick and she would be calling me a cab at their cost. How in the world do you forget to send out the driver and then all of the sudden 40 minutes later when they call back realize he is sick. To my disapointment the driver was behind the desk waiting on customers when I returned to the hotel, this was their poor excuse for covering up a lie. I informed the GM the very next day to which he was kind and apologetic and kept asking me what I wanted. When I told him I only wanted him to fix the issue and not let it ever happen again he said he still wanted to do something for me and would give me points for my inconvenience. If you are not going to send points, THEN DON'T OFFER AND PROMISE IT. Additionally, the hotel ripped me off points by not providing me with 750 points for breakfast on Sunday when the concierge lounge was closed.

I would never stay at this property again and they need to retrain all of their management starting with the top as it is completely unacceptable.

Room Tip: To find a good room you should seek a room elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael J
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
It is truly disheartening to read comments like yours as this is not the experience we expect to deliver to any of our guests. We thank you for bringing these points to our attention. Your feedback will be shared with the team to ensure our commitment to our customers is our highest priority. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while dining in our concierge lounge and we will follow up on your feedback. The items we offer our guests are replenished frequently and our lounge is open from Sunday evening through Friday mornings. More information regarding the hours and offerings is noted on our website. We will look into your comments regarding the shuttle so we can ensure all of our guests receive the level of service they expect when staying with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back so we may restore your trust.
La Mirada, California, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My stay at the Marriott was nice and cozy and all the employees were very kind.
The rooms were very clean and nicely set up. I recommend this for anyone staying in the area. What makes it even better is the area surrounding the hotel is nice and it's less than an hour from the City.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay. We are happy to read that your visit to the Marriott Pleasanton was enjoyable. Your recommendation to others is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Lompoc, California
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights when my wife's high school class had their 50th Reunion here. The rooms were clean with the exception of the grout in the tile needing cleaning. There was a toilet seat problem and no bath mat but when reported, both of these areas were taken care of within an hour. There were pleanty of outlets in the room, a nice view of the pool and nice seating for tv watching. The wifi internet is not free but upon asking the manager about it, he promptly gave me a free comp on their wifi. All in all it was a nice stay. We had a block of rooms for the reunion, so no free breakfast but if you book regular on line, it comes with the free breakfast. We wouyld stay here again.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms overlooking the pool area are nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
It is wonderful that you and your wife were able to spend time at the Marriott Pleasanton to celebrate her high school reunion. We thank you for reaching out to us during your stay so we could address your concerns immediately and we appreciate your patience. For any future visits, we do offer multiple packages including our E-Bundle Package which includes our Buffet breakfast for two, local and long distance calls as well as wireless internet. Thank you for sharing your experiences and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

After years of traveling all around the world I have found the best alarm clock is on my phone. I like to have it next to me at night. I am always surprised when I stay at business hotels that do not have any power outlets near the night stand of the bed.

Pleasanton Marriott has them right in the headboard. They also have fantastic reading lights in the headboard.

Great place to stay. I am very happy.
Make sure you check out the AAA rate when making a reservation. I saved about 25% by using my AAA card.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Soar573
We appreciate your kind comments and are delighted you were able to enjoy your stay and are happy you were able to utilize the outlets on your headboard. For any future visits, we offer a wide range of hotel discounts in addition to our AAA rate and our website is the best resource when determining which packages best meet your needs. It is our hope to welcome you back to the Marriott Pleasanton the next time you are in the area. Thank you.