“Loved the decor...cute cute town too!”

Pleasanton Marriott
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We recently stayed here, it is off the beaten path, BUT my husband had been there on business a few years ago. The hotel was friendly, clean and cute...I knew my adult girls would like it too. Very nice pool, I was impressed that it had a handicap lift by the pool and hot tub. We did not need it, but I thought that was a great idea. Very nice chairs by the pool and shaded area for reading. Very clean. I will have to say that Pleasanton has a cute, cute town with specialty stores. We were there on a Saturday and they were having an open farmers market on the street. I was so jealous...the fruits and veggies where awesome. We shopped the town twice on the same day! Met several very friendly people that lead to great conversations! I love to have local people tell me about their town, and are so proud to live there. Great restaurants too...we had Mexican and Mediterranean foods...it was wonderful! I know I got off of the subject of the Marriott, BUT I think the area is what draws you there. So, I can't wait to come back...but, NC is a bit far for now! Thank you Marriott!

Room Tip: Room was plenty big for 4 adults...with LOTS of luggage!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

We truly appreciate your feedback regarding the Marriott Pleasanton as well as the downtown area. We are located near many attractions, shopping and restaurants and it is great that you were able to experience the area events like the farmers market. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Pleasanton Marriott

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just returned from a trip which I stayed at the Marriott Hotel in Pleasanton, Ca. This location is close to a major shopping center which I walked to, and located very close to the Bart Station which took me into downtown San Francisco in about 35 minutes. The staff were very friendly and the room was very very comfortable and super clean. Food in the Concierge Lounge was a nice lift in the morning with a healthy choice of fruits, eggs, and cereals. I have stayed here before and I will again. A very safe choice that is consistent from stay to stay.

Room Tip: Upstairs over the pool is my favorite!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

The location of the Marriott Pleasanton makes it easy to explore the area and we are happy you were able to experience that during your stay. It is always a pleasure to welcome back our guests and we thank you for your continued loyalty. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Located 45 minutes from San Francisco and about 1 hour from Santa Cruz Beach. Everything from from room, buffet,front desk, restaurant staff were great. The best part of all I got the room for a rate of $54 per night! Thought it was a mistake but it was right.
Unfortunately, on my last day of my stay Murphy's Law took effect. I got stuck in the elevator few minutes. Morning housekeeping staff wasn't friendly anymore they chat in the hallways then run into a room slam the door as you pass by.

Other minor issues with my room was that the bath tub fixture was installed upside down. Microwave oven door does not open or close properly. Annoying odor in the closet that never went away during my whole stay. Room was located at end of hallway on 4th floor.

Besides what happened on the last day the hotel stay was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

We are thrilled you were able to enjoy many aspects of your stay and we thank you for your kind comments. It is our hope that each day of our guests stay is just as good, if not better, than the day before. We sincerely regret any inconvenience you may have experienced during your time here. We will review our commitment to our customers with the team and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Marriott Pleasanton again soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed one night, Nice outside pool with Fire Pit. The gym was decent and the buffet breakfast was good. The hotel is dated but they seem to play on that 70's look, The staff was very nice and
that goes a long way. We stayed on a long weekend so it was quiet as this hotel caters to business travelers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

It is wonderful to read that your stay at the Marriott Pleasanton was enjoyable and we thank you for your kind comments. We are happy you enjoyed our breakfast during your visit. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff members. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We've stayed in many Marriott Hotels during our trips to the USA from Australia and I found this one to be of excellent quality. The service is friendly and professional. The buffet breakfast was far better than those offered in similar hotels. The breakfast room is, however, rather noisy - not a fault of the property but rather of parents who refuse to keep unruly children in check. Perhaps now that my own polite and well-mannered children have grown, I've turned into a cranky old lady ;) Proximity to the Stoneridge Mall is a bonus and the hotel offers a convenient shuttle service. It is only a very short drive to the old downtown Pleasanton area where you will find a large number of good restaurants and quaint stores.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stepford68
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Your continued loyalty to the Marriott Brand is appreciated and we are happy you had a chance to experience a quality stay at the Marriott Pleasanton. It is great that you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle service to experience the surrounding area. Thank you for your great review and we hope you have the chance to visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Good location off the interstate, very close to BART, room was okay, housekeeping missed cleaning the room one night, food service was slow and food was cold. Went out with friends for all other meals.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Located just a few miles from BART, the Marriott Pleasanton offers complimentary shuttle service to the train station. We are happy to learn our location worked well for your stay. Thank you for bringing your concerns regarding the remainder of your visit to our attention. I will review your feedback with the team so we can address as necessary. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

A beautiful hotel stay was topped off with a buffet breakfast of unequalled quality and taste. The fresh fruit and variety was amazing, the scrambled eggs and omelet choices were great and the apple cinnamon danish was a great surprise. Hats off to the chefs who made a stay fun and most enjoyable.

LB from Carlsbad, CA

1  Thank Larry B

Thank you so much for sharing your dining experiences with us. Your feedback will be shared with the team. It is our hope to welcome you back to the Marriott Pleasanton the next time you are in the area.