“Repeat Customer”

Pleasanton Marriott
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a good property. It's a quick drive to local businesses and to Oakland International Airport. The restaurant / bar has a good selection and great quality. My experience with service in all areas has been excellent. The bedding was too soft for me, but that's a personal preference.

Rates can be pricey without a corporate account or discount.

Recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for excellent review of the Marriott Pleasanton. We are pleased to have you as a repeat customer and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. The Marriott Pleasanton hopes to provide unparalleled service and accommodations for all of our guests. On your next visit, we’ll try to make sure that you have a completely comfortable stay. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if there is any way we can make it better!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed from Monday 12/3/12 to Friday 12/7/12.
Horribly over priced for the value I received. I am a silver level Marriott rewards member, and have spent over 45 days in Marriott properties over the last year, and this has the poorest value of any property I have stayed in. being asked to pay another $12.95 for internet on top of that is absurd. When I contested the internet charge, I was told it would be comped. When I received my final bill it was not and I had to complain again. Very poor follow through on many levels of the staff Dishes are not bussed by room service staff in a timely manner.
I think the ultimate insult is being referred to a third party site to offer feedback. Holiday Corp contacts me directly within 3 days for feedback. It has been 2 weeks, and I have heard nothing from Marriott on any level for feedback regarding my stay.
I didn’t use the restaurant facilities because I couldn’t be sure of the level of service that I would receive.
I called the Manager the night I checked out and received apologies yet he didn’t make any effort to get my name or any other information for a follow up. I would not recommend a stay here and I am telling all of my colleagues in my department to avoid this property based on my recent stay.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank trnkm20001
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

We’re sorry that your stay with us was not what you expected. We offer free Internet for your laptop in the lobby, and have a business center where computers and Internet services are complimentary. Your comments regarding Housekeeping and the Front Desk will be shared with them so we can take steps to improve customer satisfaction. As you can see, we read and respond to all guests who take the time to write a review for us online, and we thank you for your feedback. We hope you will visit us again. We’ll do our best to restore your faith in us and the Marriott brand.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The staff is very welcoming and everyone I encountered during my two night stay was helpful. Good location close to Bart and freeways. Housekeeping seemed to be lacking and the rooms could use a deep cleaning. Dirty/dusty lamps, carpets could use cleaning, etc. I am a fan of the Marriott properties and have come to expect a certain level of cleanliness and this property just missed the mark.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CTMcBeeVee
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

While we are glad you found our associates to be so welcoming and helpful, please accept our most sincere apologies for any housekeeping issues you experienced during your recent visit to our hotel, as what you described does not reflect our high standard of service and we appreciate that you have brought this to our attention. It is our hope that we can have another opportunity to fully impress you with all we have to offer. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Guy at the front friendly and warm. And natural about it. Rooms solid. Sufficiently modern and cozy. We checked in day before Thanksgiving and the guy at the front desk gave us complimentary wifi! Doesn't happen often but when it does that just makes your day!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

An unexpected surprise can be the best kind and we couldn’t be happier to know that one of our associates was able to make your day! Thank you for spending your Thanksgiving holiday with us at the Marriott Pleasanton. Providing the very best in friendly, hospitable service is our highest priority and we will be sure to share your kind words with everyone here. We appreciate your review and hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The whole hotel needed cleaning. The hallways were not vacuumed once in 4 days and there were refrigerators in the hallways. We were told that we had to ask the front desk for a refrigerator to be brought to our room. How does this place rate 3-1/2 stars? Even 2 stars would be generous. The rooms were very average. I expected a nicer experience from such a highly rated place.

Room Tip: Any 2-1/2 star hotel near Pleasanton would be a better, cleaner choice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

It is truly regrettable to learn that a guest’s experience does not live up to their expectations and we must apologize if you found any areas of our hotel to be lacking. Your feedback will be shared with our housekeeping staff to ensure that everything is at its best. We do indeed provide refrigerators upon request as it is our desire to remain as green as possible and make energy efficient decisions thorough out our hotel but we hope that it wasn’t too much of an inconvenience for you. Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

It was a last minute work stay and found the room on priceline (not the bidding part) for significantly less than comparable hotels in the area. The service from the front desk and room service were excellent - they were the only two departments I used. Front desk was able to get me the type of room I wanted. Room service was very nice and polite, he even checked that I had everything before he left and noticed the dressing for my salad was missing and immediately got it for me. The room was very comfortable. The only thing I would change about this stay would be to have brighter lighting in the bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

We are so glad that your last minute work stay brought you to the Marriott Pleasanton! From the value of our hotel to your comfortable accommodations, it seems as though you enjoyed much of you experience. Providing excellent service in every way is our top priority and our associates truly love what they do. We will be sure to share your gracious compliments with everyone here. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I think it was a good hotel, the only complaint, is that I was lucky to go through priceline to get this hotel, they put a 150.00 hold on the room, which was not explained to me upfront, so therefore i was not able to stay a additional night, and had to go somewhere else... Room was clean, it was comfortable... There was confusion with room service but was taken care of...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
MARRIOTTPLEASANT0N, General Manager at Pleasanton Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Your feedback is certainly appreciated. We are truly glad to know you enjoyed your stay, however we must apologize if you were in any way inconvenienced by the hold on your account. While it would be out of place for us to discuss issues regarding third-party booking sites, our policy is to apply a hold to every reservation, which is an industry standard, to ensure that any charges that may be made can be covered but we apologize if that was not more clear. Thank you for your comments, it would be our pleasure to see you again for your next stay in the area.