“O.K. except for the small bathroom”

Courtyard Pleasant Hill
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This property has an attractive, updated lobby. We were greeted warmly at the front desk. Our room was fine, typical Marriott, and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom, however, was a real problem. There was one sink with no counter space right outside the door where the shower and toilet were. There was absolutely no place to put any of my personal toiletries, so they ended up on the floor of the closet, which was directly behind the sink. To add to this, the bathroom door swung out, so when someone came out of the bathroom, the person at the sink had to move. It was very crowded and uncomfortable, though the rest of the room was spacious.

The area around the hotel is congested and there was noise from the traffic, though ear plugs blocked it. Parking was very easy. Overall, it was an o.k. stay, but not great.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay. It is always good to hear the positive and negative comments as my team reviews them regularly to enhance our services and amenities.

I will definitely bring your comments regarding the bathroom size and layout to our project and design team for our next renovation.

Again, thank you for your comments and I do hope to see you at our hotel in the near future should you ever return back to the area.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Parking seemed adequate and we immediately noticed a Boston Market right next door - a good thing!! Check in went decent enough but the welcome wasn’t very warm. There were no luggage carts available and the staff said they looked in the hallways but couldn't find any so guests must be keeping them in their rooms. About an hour later I went to get ice and found a cart tucked in a short hall leading to a room at the end of a hall when I went to get ice - obviously the hotel staff who looked for the carts just stood in the hallway and looked both ways instead of looking in all the areas large enough for a cart to be hidden from view.
The room we had was an “executive” king as it had a balcony but the room itself was very small. There was about 14” of space between one side of the bed and the wall and a sofa that was at the foot of the bed. We pushed the sofa toward the window to provide a little bit more walking space and so my husband wouldn't bang his knees. There was no place to set suitcases in the room except on the floor in front of the balcony window (unless you used the closet). The bedding was very light - I usually prefer a comforter. I liked the fact that the sink was separated from the bathtub and toilet but didn’t lie the lack of counter space around the sink. All in all I felt very cramped in this room. Finally I am disappointed that Marriott decided to do away with free coffee in the lobby. I know I can make some in my room but it is difficult as you have to struggle opening condiment packages (and powder for coffee just isn’t as good as half and half). Anyway, we now have to opportunity to buy coffee in the lobby. I probably won’t stay here again but it is just because the room was too small for two people.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay. In reviewing your response, it looks as if you had several issues during your stay from lack of finding a luggage cart, to size of our guest rooms, to no place to store bags in room and finally our new Courtyard Standard that sells Starbuck Coffee in our Bistro. Although I would like to address all issues on the internet, I would love to speak with you in person to resolve your concerns.
Please call me at your earliest convenience so I may discuss your needs and our services.
I do apologize that we were unable to meet your needs or expectations. As Courtyard and my team strive to please all guests that walk in the door.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to speaking with you. I can be reached at 925 691 1444 ext. 601.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were on our family vacation and were booked at this property for three nights. Checking in we were greeted by very possibly the BEST desk clerk in the hotel world Juan Ruiz. This guy was dressed the part in his suit and tie and was the most helpful person I've ever run across in all my travels world wide. We told him we wanted to see the fireworks from the pier in San Francisco and he told exactly how to go about it. The public transportation system BART was on strike but that didn't stop Juan, he got us where we needed to be.

The room was super clean, he sent us up a small fridge to keep our 'sweet tea' nice and cold and the stay was perfect. He even helped me find a doughnut shop as well as an auto parts store that I needed.
You can't go wrong with this property so book it now.
And for any high level Marriott executives out there reading this, you need to promote Juan Ruiz!

Room Tip: Book this property today!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

I was extremely pleased when I read your comments. It made me proud to know my associate Juan went out of his way to make your stay more enjoyable. This is what we are here for...(SMILE)...

I will definitely share your comments with Juan and the entire team...

Thank you again for staying with us during the 4th of July weekend and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Have a great 2013 and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Courtyard in Pleasant Hill is what you would expect - a clean, comfortable place, with a fairly good size room. Staff was friendly. The Wifi worked well. A couple of drawbacks - the pool is a bit small and they do not have a free breakfast, opting instead for a bistro - at cost, of course. It was fine for us, especially as a "travel through" place, offering a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for the kind comments regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We do our best to ensure every guests stay is comfortable and enjoyable.

Should you ever return back to the area, I do hope you consider the Pleasant Hill Courtyard as your home away from home.

I will share your comments with my entire team as we always use our guest comments for learning and enhancements.

Thank You!!!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

this trip they still have breakfast but you have to pay for it. used to be a nice breakfast was included for $109. still the same quiet hotel with nice people. Very clean with good beds. Might look elsewhere next time for an included breakfast

Room Tip: We like 4th floor facing the parking lot
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay with us. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we always use them as tools for enhancing our guest stay. I noticed you mentioned we no longer have breakfast included in our rates. Pleasant Hill Courtyard actually does still offer a "STAY FOR BREAKFAST" rate during the weekend and weekday. When booking reservations, please look for the Stay for Breakfast rate under Marriott packages. If you have problems finding this package online please call the property direct and would be happy to assist in booking that rate for you.

Thank You again for your comments and I look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Like another reviewer mentioned, the lady at desk was not rude, but didn't seem all that concerned with going to any extra trouble. Went down for the coffee in lobby which is normally a big convenience at this chain, and the desk clerk told me that I could buy it in their Starbucks or make it in my room. No apologies for not having the complimentary coffee. Perhaps she does not know that other hotels in the chain offer it. Too bad because the hotel is very clean and updated. It is also near shopping and dining. Yes, I know that a small thing like coffee should not color my feelings, but the lack of caffeine had me dwelling on the annoyance of the thin walls and ceilings as I rode empty handed back to my room to get money.

Room Tip: Would advise top floor to ensure quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to respond regarding your stay. Thank you for mentioning our front desk agent was not rude. But I am sorry to hear you felt she was just uninterested. I will definitely share your comments with our front desk team so we can learn from this.
We do apologize about no longer offering complimentary coffee in our lobby as Courtyard hotels are now moving away from this option as we now service Starbucks in our Bistro. Complimentary coffee is unlimited and available in your guest room at all times. Should you return to the area please allow us to provide you with added packs in your guest room.
You will find that Starbucks is a delicious way to start your mornings….
We do hope to see you back and at that time please locate me as I would love to speak to you more about your stay. Or you can contact me at the hotel 925 691 1444.
Thank you again for staying with us…and I do hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel is situated close to several restaurants and shops that are within an easy walking distance. There were numerous people walking around the small town area nearby and it had a friendly feel to it. The hotel was the standard Courtyard layout and setup. The breakfast staff was courteous and upbeat. The room was facing a somewhat busy street, but had some trees to provide a barrier. While there was a lot of traffic, it did not seem to bother my sleep at night. Overall, the hotel has a great location and the dependable Courtyard experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the kind comments regarding your most recent stay. We look forward to housing you and your family in the near future.

Should you ever return, please let us know and we will kindly find you a room away from the HWY side for added quiet and comfort.

We appreciate you staying with us!

Happy Summer!!!

Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek
Crowne Plaza Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord

Been to Courtyard Pleasant Hill? Share your experiences!