“Clean & comfortable - biz trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Pleasant Hill

Courtyard Pleasant Hill
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
South Riding, Virginia
“Clean & comfortable - biz trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here during a recent business trip to Concord CA. I don't know when its decor was updated, but it must have been fairly recently since it's got the modern Courtyard styling in the lobby and rooms. Plenty of contemporary and casual seating, large TVs to watch the game on, etc. They had a small pool and jacuzi I saw thru windows, but did not partake. The room was also typical modern Courtyard, and was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was okay, but underwealming and the towels were paper thin (okay, two sheets of paper)... but otherwise I was pleased. The staff was friendly and professional, although I didn't need much other than checking in/out. Wifi was simple an quick to use, and I had no prob with connecting my Linux laptop and a tablet.

The hotel is located in downtown Pleasant Hill which is in East Bay. It's next to a "strip mall" with a few stores and casual quick serve restaurants (Boston Market) as I recall. It's also however, across the street from an extensive outdoor mall-type area with tons of restaurants and shopping... certainly walkable in the nice Cali weather. Starbucks and a movie theater are in that mall, btw... although the Starbucks is on the far end of the mall.

I wasn't in the lap of luxury, but it was exactly what I would expect from a Courtyard.

Room Tip: I was in a Junior Suite on the 4th floor... with no observed problems to speak of.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a response regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure serving you. We review all comments on TripAdvisor and we share them with the entire staff. We are always looking for ways to improve all services offered. A guest(s) comments are key.

Should you ever have a need to come back into the area on business or pleasure...we do hope you will stay with us.

Pleasant Hill Courtyard.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Greenbrae, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Located in a very busy area just off freeway exit, this hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of restaurants & shopping. Just across the parking lot is a Rite-Aid & a Boston Market. Though a busy area with alot of traffic, we never noticed it from our room, which faced the parking lot, and not the street. Nice hotel, newly renovated a few months ago, which means everything in the room actually worked, although my husband said the wi-fi was finicky. The staff was pleasant & accommodating, and it was just a very nice experience, though we only stayed one night. I would definitely stay there again, if in the area. Two minor blips:happened to stay during an unusual cold snap and the blanket on the bed was not sufficient. No extra blanket or pillow in the closet, as most hotels provide. And the worst in-room coffee ever.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your staff. All comments are greatly appreciated. I do share these comments with my staff for better learning & understanding of our guest needs.

Thank you for addressing the missing extra blanket in the room. I will ensure your comments are forwarded to the housekeeping director. I apologize the room was not warm enough during your stay.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay...and we hope to see you in the near future.

Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I used to go to California very often for work and stay at this hotel but have not been there for a year. I just went on a trip and stayed at that hotel and I must say that they have done a good renovating the whole place. It used to look like an old looking hotel but this time everything was so colorful that I was pleasantly surprised. I like the colors, decoration and staff. They have to work on the breakfast but overall I had a good experience and recommend this hotel to everybody. And it is so close to Walnut Creek, my favorite town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay. It is always nice to hear positive comments from our guests. I will share your comments with my staff.

We are definitely working on our Breakfast service as this is a new concept for all Courtyards now serving the Bistro Concept.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Nevada City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Based on the location, I assumed we'd struggle with lots of noise from the freeway or the busy intersection located very close to the hotel. Of all the hotels I've stayed at this year, I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was! No noise from the elevator, no noise from the busy neighborhood, and we didn't hear the rooms adjacent to ours. The room was tastefully decorated, very clean and comfortable. The bed was great. I'd highly recommend checking out this hotel. The price was great, everything was clean, staff was friendly, and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

We do hope to see you again soon.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Because of circumstances that include my status, I was upgraded to a "mini-suite". Honestly, I can't tell much difference between this room and a regular room, except for the sofa. It's clean, comfortable, well-kept, has a dresser with four large drawers, and a modest closet that's large enough for my stuff. The bathroom is divided: in one space is the sink/vanity, and the toilet and bath/shower are behind a door.

The "Bistro" offers the standard Bistro menu, as in other Courtyards. I had a Chopped Salad for dinner, and it was quite good.

The hotel is adjacent to a small shopping center with a large pharmacy, a few small shops and a Boston Market. I do NOT recommend the Boston Market. Across the street is a larger shopping center, so this place is convenient for a variety of reasons, including access to freeway and major thoroughfares.

Overall, if you like the Courtyard chain, this one is a shining example.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent trip to our hotel. I know people traveling are very busy. We always take these comments and share them with our staff so that we can all learn from them and improve.

The positive comments are always a highlight of our day. We do try our best to provide the best service possible and provide a fabulous product, people love to return to.

I will also mention your comments regarding Boston Market. If you could relay reasons why not to visit them...please forward a private email so I can forward the comments to their GM as we work with them closely. Katrece.raine@marriott.com.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Katrece Raine
Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel was refurbished fairly recently and it shows. Nicely decorated rooms, clean, well furnished, very attractive common areas. The bed was wonderfully comfortable, breakfast excellent, wi-fi speed good. Location is close to several restaurants and easy to find, close to the freeway. Freeway noise is a one negative if your room faces the wrong direction. I all in all the best stay in this class hotel for years. If business takes me back this way I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay. We appreciate the positive comments left on Travelocity. We hope when you return to the area that you DO stay with us again. We look forward to your visit.

Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott,
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have been in this hotel for something like 4 days. I must say some things need to be sorted out...the breakfast or lack of proper breakfast and serving the breakfast...why dont you do the buffet breakfast. It is obvious the type of service of breakfast you do, it doesn't work. Another thing is when the customer ask not to clean the room and the next day it is clean, then something is wrong!

Otherwise the hotel is nice and clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay. I am sorry that you felt our new Bistro Breakfast options and service was an inconvenience. Unfortunately, renovated Refreshing Business Courtyard hotels no longer offer breakfast buffets. Grab and go Bistro is the new style of breakfast for Courtyards. I did some research and it looks as if you stayed during a very busy week for us. So I do again apologize if there were delays in Bistro service. Our old sit down breakfast is much different than standing in line to purchase grab and go options.

Let me also apologize for your room being cleaned when you requested it not to be. It is our policy that we do require all rooms be entered into and cleaned on the 3rd night of service. It sounds like this is the case since you stayed 4 nights. Should you like to discuss further. Please call the hotel and ask for me, Katrece Raine. I would love to discuss your situation.

Again, thank you for making us aware of your concerns during your stay as we always strive to be the BEST hotel in our area.

Thank You Again...

Hope to have you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord
Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord

Been to Courtyard Pleasant Hill? Share your experiences!