New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Nevada City, California
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Based on the location, I assumed we'd struggle with lots of noise from the freeway or the busy intersection located very close to the hotel. Of all the hotels I've stayed at this year, I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was! No noise from the elevator, no noise from the busy neighborhood, and we didn't hear the rooms adjacent to ours. The room was tastefully decorated, very clean and comfortable. The bed was great. I'd highly recommend checking out this hotel. The price was great, everything was clean, staff was friendly, and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay. It is always nice to hear positive comments from our guests. I will share your comments with my staff.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Pleasant Hill Courtyard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Because of circumstances that include my status, I was upgraded to a "mini-suite". Honestly, I can't tell much difference between this room and a regular room, except for the sofa. It's clean, comfortable, well-kept, has a dresser with four large drawers, and a modest closet that's large enough for my stuff. The bathroom is divided: in one space is the sink/vanity, and the toilet and bath/shower are behind a door.

The "Bistro" offers the standard Bistro menu, as in other Courtyards. I had a Chopped Salad for dinner, and it was quite good.

The hotel is adjacent to a small shopping center with a large pharmacy, a few small shops and a Boston Market. I do NOT recommend the Boston Market. Across the street is a larger shopping center, so this place is convenient for a variety of reasons, including access to freeway and major thoroughfares.

Overall, if you like the Courtyard chain, this one is a shining example.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent trip to our hotel. I know people traveling are very busy. We always take these comments and share them with our staff so that we can all learn from them and improve.

The positive comments are always a highlight of our day. We do try our best to provide the best service possible and provide a fabulous product, people love to return to.

I will also mention your comments regarding Boston Market. If you could relay reasons why not to visit them...please forward a private email so I can forward the comments to their GM as we work with them closely. Katrece.raine@marriott.com.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Katrece Raine
Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel was refurbished fairly recently and it shows. Nicely decorated rooms, clean, well furnished, very attractive common areas. The bed was wonderfully comfortable, breakfast excellent, wi-fi speed good. Location is close to several restaurants and easy to find, close to the freeway. Freeway noise is a one negative if your room faces the wrong direction. I all in all the best stay in this class hotel for years. If business takes me back this way I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay. We appreciate the positive comments left on Travelocity. We hope when you return to the area that you DO stay with us again. We look forward to your visit.

Pleasant Hill Courtyard by Marriott,
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have been in this hotel for something like 4 days. I must say some things need to be sorted out...the breakfast or lack of proper breakfast and serving the breakfast...why dont you do the buffet breakfast. It is obvious the type of service of breakfast you do, it doesn't work. Another thing is when the customer ask not to clean the room and the next day it is clean, then something is wrong!

Otherwise the hotel is nice and clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your most recent stay. I am sorry that you felt our new Bistro Breakfast options and service was an inconvenience. Unfortunately, renovated Refreshing Business Courtyard hotels no longer offer breakfast buffets. Grab and go Bistro is the new style of breakfast for Courtyards. I did some research and it looks as if you stayed during a very busy week for us. So I do again apologize if there were delays in Bistro service. Our old sit down breakfast is much different than standing in line to purchase grab and go options.

Let me also apologize for your room being cleaned when you requested it not to be. It is our policy that we do require all rooms be entered into and cleaned on the 3rd night of service. It sounds like this is the case since you stayed 4 nights. Should you like to discuss further. Please call the hotel and ask for me, Katrece Raine. I would love to discuss your situation.

Again, thank you for making us aware of your concerns during your stay as we always strive to be the BEST hotel in our area.

Thank You Again...

Hope to have you back soon.
Coalinga, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here overnight in September. Everything was very clean. The wallpaper needed some TLC. The breakfast was good continental with the self cook waffles that were delicious. The staff was friendly too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your stay at our newly renovated hotel. I will request my engineer to inspect your room regarding the wallpaper. Thank you for letting us know.

Your comments are what keep us striving to STAY the BEST hotel in our Market and they are much appreciated. Your comments will be shared with my entire staff.

Hope to see you at our property in the near future.

Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I always go to tripadvisor and was anxious because of noted construction comments. I must say that I was overjoyed with the service, accommodations, information given at the front desk and how close this hotel was to other conviences. The rooms were perfect and couldn't wait to tell my family and friends what a great place to stay. A hidden gem. Please tell Lisa and Gina that their knowledge concerning answering questions from me at the front desk was VERY helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your stay at our newly renovated hotel. We appreciate you giving us a chance to show how our hotel is truly run (Outside of renovation). We very happy to show off our new product and services.

Your comments are what keep us striving to STAY the BEST hotel in our Market and they are much appreciated. I will share your comments with the entire staff especially Gina and Lisa. ***They were extremely excited when I informed them they had pleasant comments on Trip Advisor.

Hope to see you and your family at our property in the near future.

FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights in late August and had a wonderful time. The property has all the amenities mentioned by other reviewers - BART, shopping, good access to all the Bay Area - that's all good but the real jewel is their staff. Everyone we dealt with bent over backward to make sure our stay was excellent, especially Juan.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OAKCP, General Manager at Courtyard Pleasant Hill, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your stay at our newly renovated hotel. Your comments are what keep us striving to STAY the BEST hotel in our Market. Your comments will be shared with my entire staff.

Hope to see you at our property in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord
Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord

Been to Courtyard Pleasant Hill? Share your experiences!