“Nice location”

Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a business trip. It is nicely tucked away among a residential area of townhomes. It felt safe and there was a shopping mall very close by. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from where the smoker's hang out to smoke.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cocohead32
PleasantHillRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Cocohead32,
I appreciate your comments in regards to your recent experiece at our hotel. Thank you very much for giving us the chance to be your home during your stay. We hope to see you soon so you can enjoy more of the local area!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Nicely furnished 2 bedroom, 2 baths, and living/kitchen combo. 3 tvs. breakfast included. Fireplace in room- although we didn't use it.........I wish there were Residence Inns wherever I went! Great value for the weekend rate.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Micki M,
I would like to THANK YOU for staying with us! Our staff works very hard to obtain "great" comments and to please our guests. We hope we made your stay memorable! That is our goal at Residence Inn by Marriott.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very clean and commodious. Would be very comfortable digs for long term stay though not cheap. Not easy to find - off the beaten path. We had a two bedroom suite - luxurious sitting room and kitchen. Will stay there again on yearly trip to the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Hello JerryH,
We were very excited to learn about your latest experience in our hotel! You are right, our hotel is designed for long term trips and our rates become more affordable with a longer lenght of stay. Residence Inn is the original extended stay hotel and our property in Pleasant Hill has been around for over 20 years.
Thank you for your visit and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

While I usually like staying in the Residence Inn because of the separate bedrooms that actually have a door, this particular Residence Inn has glass doors on its bedrooms that have a sheer curtain which allows light in the room from the main living area. It also does not allow for privacy, so when traveling with others including children, you do not have any privacy in your bedroom.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lovetotaketrips

Hello lovetotaketrips,
Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We started brainstorming the best solution for our glass doors and we believe we found one!
I am hoping you give us another chance next time you are in the area. Please let us know if you are back in Pleasant Hill.

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

This is actually my second review of this hotel.

My wife, son and I stayed there for two months as I as working in the vicinity. I wrote my first review after being there a week or so.

This review is to sum up the stay.

The overall stay was great, we moved rooms a couple times due to family coming to visit so we upgraded to a two bedroom suite. The one and two bedroom suites are very nice if there's more than one person staying in the room (verses the studio)

The hotel management and staff treated us like family and I witnessed several other examples of this with other travelers that were staying there also.

All in all, it's a very safe location, it's centrally located as far as Napa and San Fran go, it's close to shopping (in Walnut Creek), the rooms are more "apartment like", the breakfast is great every morning and included in room price (say hi to Sandra, she's the lady that puts out everything and she is wonderful), the dinners are decent (incld in room price), the cleaning staff are very pleasant and courteous and the management is on top of their game.

Dave, Leanna and John

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Dave R

Hello Dave Leanna and John,
On behalf of the entire staff, we would like to thank you for your support! We enjoy having you and the family around and we miss you all very much. Consider this your home when you come back to the area, we enjoy having little John walking in our lobby with his big smile!!
We hope to see you soon,

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed here for a week. The bed was the MOST comfortable bed I've slept in during our 7 week road trip! I slept like a baby and never had an ache or a pain all night. The feather pilllows are so luxurious! Our suite was facing the interstate and we never heard any road noise the whole time. The hotel is exceptionally clean and the grounds are beautiful. It is located in a very nice area of Pleasant Hill and is convenient to shopping and restaurants. The hotel offers breakfast every day as well as a light dinner several times a week. We really enjoyed our stay here!

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you have a lot of luggage ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sonia719
PleasantHillRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Sonia719,
Thank you very much for your kind review! We work very hard to make sure our guests have a great stay here. I will make sure I share your comments with our staff members. Your comments will help us continue to focus on you and all our guests visiting us!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Staying at the Residence Inn Pleasant Hill CA for business for a couple months in a studio suite (Been there a week so far) Decent sized room, small kitchenette (stove top, no oven), small bathrooms, good room layout though. Pillows are horrible, bed is average.

What ever you do, don't get a room that borders the I-680 freeway! I would try to get a room that faces the interior courtyard of which ever complex you're in.

The neighborhood is nice, safe, plenty of shopping and walking really near by.

There's a great free breakfast every day and an average free dinner Monday through Thursday night (BBQ night on Wednesday.

The cleaning staff is very nice and do a good job of keeping the place clean.

Room Tip: Don't get one by the I-680 Freeway!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Dave R,
I would like to thank you for staying with us, and apologize for the noise from I-680. If you are back in the area, please let us know in advance and we could look for a room in a different building.
I also appreciate your feedback in regards to our Housekeeping staff. They work very hard and I am fortunate to have them here! I will share your comments with them.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Hill
#4 of 8 in Concord
Walnut Creek Marriott
Walnut Creek Marriott
#1 of 7 in Walnut Creek
Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.

Been to Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord? Share your experiences!