Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I chose this hotel as we we were going into San Francisco the next day and they were very close to the Bart station as well as providing free shuttle service. We did not want to drive in San Francisco and the Bart is a great option for getting there.
The hotel staff was very friendly and very helpful with information with directions and recommendations for dinner. We ate at BJ's which was very good. I had requested a two bedroom, 2 bath room that was on the 2nd floor away from the highway. Usually a hotel will tell you that this specific request will be decided once you check in, however when I called that morning, they had conformed that a specific room had been reserved meeting my request.
The room itself had been updated with granite counter tops, new appliances and the three TV's were flat screens. The beds were very comfortable. It was the nicest Residence Inn I have every stayed at. Our room was number 1921. The next day we ate their free buffet and it was excellent and constantly being monitored by staff to make sure it stayed that way. During this stay we also went to the close town of Walnut Creek. The downtown area has wonderful shopping. I would highly recommend this hotel for any visits in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
PleasantHillRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear PortlandPhyl,
Thank you for providing us with a perfect rating! We appreciate your visit to our hotel and the area. It seems like you had a busy agenda while you were in our hotel.
It was a pleasure serving you, and let us know if you return to the area. We will always be happy try to accommodate your requests.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

In the middle of a family crisis - water pipe breaking - we had to leave a flooded home in the middle of the night and we found a jewel in Suburbia, An oasis to escape the realities of rebuilding our home. This is our second extended stay at the Marriott Residence Inn of Pleasant Hill. As before, six years ago, we found an exceptional front desk staff; an exceptional house keeping staff and a superb dining room staff. It is always a pleasure to spend days or weeks at the Inn. I rank the Residence Inn with a 4.5 rating, only because they indicate that they provide full-service kitchens in every room. That is not quite true. The King Studio has a microwave and a stove top, but no built in oven. There is extra space for a built in oven, it is one area in which they cut corners. A second limitation is the shortage of one and two bedroom units and handicapped units. With ADA disabilities, it is very difficult to use the shower/tub without the possibility of slipping.

I would also recommend that if they are a smoke free facility, that they are consistent in following that policy outside the units. The grounds are covered with cigarette butts. Guests are allowed to smoke outside their rooms.

I highly recommend the one or two bedroom units. Living in a King studio can be very confining on an extended stay.

Room Tip: Strongly recommend the one and two bedroom units. If you have a handicap, be sure to mention it bef...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear RichEdw,
It was a pleasure having you here as our guest! We appreciate your feedback and are very happy that you chose to stay with us again after six years.
Our award winner associates work very hard to make every stay memorable. We hope you had a fantastic summer! Please consider us again in the future and thank you for letting people know a little bit about us via TripAdvisor.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We just stayed at this great hotel for 3 nights last week while my daughter was packing up her apartment to relocate. It is in a lovely neighborhood, where you can take a nice looped walk in a very scenic area. We had pets with us and they were very pet friendly. The fabulous kitchen with full size refrig was great. Breakfast was awesome every day. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: if you have pets ask for a first floor room for easier access to dog walking.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear dv103099,
I really appreciate your kind comments in regards to our property. Our staff works very hard to offer nice, clean and comfortable rooms to all our guests.
I am also glad to learn you were able to bring your pet. I have a pet myself, and I always loved the fact that I can bring him along when I stay at Residence Inn.
I hope you had a great summer and come back to see us in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice Residence Inn. It's an apartment style set up with downstairs & upstairs rooms. So if you are upstairs you will have to schlep your luggage up the stairs. Short drive from the 680 and fairly close to Sun Valley Mall. I booked a king studio. The room was very clean with a spacious kitchen and seating area. Very large vanity outside of the bathroom with tons of counter space and drawers. The free breakfast was good, but the seating area isn't very large so it could be hard to find a seat at times. We used the pool this trip and it was very refreshing with lots of chairs. This hotel is a great choice in the area and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear, mamason,
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. I am glad to know you felt comfortable with us. Our goal is that you and your family feel right at home.
Come and see us again in the future! We hope you had a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

As a road warrior I experience many levels of quality in hotels around the world. This hotel is one of the best for comfort, space, friendly, helpful employees and service. This Residence Inn has been completely remodeled. The full kitchen has granite counter-tops (so does the bathroom) and a comfortable breakfast bar. The dressing area with sink and plenty of counter space has DRAWERS!!!! The bed is super comfy (and I am a stickler for good beds), and I wake each morning with no pressure point aches at all.

I recommend staying here for stays longer than just one night. That's because you just won't want to leave!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway. For one or two people, the king suite is more than enough. A...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
PleasantHillRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear Janlee444,
It was nice to have met you in person! I will make sure I share your comments with the entire staff. Our hotels were designed for you to relax and feel just at home. We will continue to be your home and please call me if you need anything else.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

i am a Marriott elite member. That means I travel ALOT. I always prefer Marriott for the service and quality of the property. so let me start with I pre booked with my government rate and elite status. I was confirmed a one bedroom sutdio. Meaning the bedrrom would be separate from the living. I arrived at the property only to have the manager refuse the upgrade to the studio and hassel me about my government rate. I can say this NEVER happens. Manager acted like I was stealing the room. I wound never have booked the residence inn knowing this would be the treatment. i would suggest anyone in thiss area to stay at the Rennissance in walnut Creek. I actually gave up my room there to have a kitvhen for the thirty days I was here. Bad mistake. Don't stay here!!!

Room Tip: stay at the rennaisance in walnut creek. oustanding property!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hillaryusgov
PleasantHillRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

Dear hillaryusgov,
Thank you for your comments via TripAdvisor. Your feedback is appreciated and taken in consideration. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction because the upgrade was not available. It was never our intention to make you feel this way. Our limited availability while you were here did not allow us to upgrade you complimentary. We follow all Marriott Rewards procedures explained at http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi under Additional Platinum and Gold Membership Benefits #6.
Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.

Residence Inn Pleasant Hill

Reviewed May 27, 2012

A group of us stayed at this hotel on our way to Napa. The rooms were clean, attractive and quiet. They include a full kitchen which we used for making dinner. Nice to save a few bucks. The complimentary morning breakfast was tasty. It included eggs, sausage, potatoes, French toast, cereals, oatmeal, toast, muffins, fruit and make-your-own Belgian waffles. I was pleasantly surprised by the selection and quality. The grounds around the hotel were pretty and made for a pleasant morning walk. I would definitely stay here again, preferably for more than one night. A great value.

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear Love2Travel1632,
I am happy to know your stay with us was a “5”! We really appreciate your feedback and support to our hotel. We take pride to maintain our hotel in great shape and continue to make improvements so you can enjoy your stay.
If you are in the area again, please consider us! I will make sure my associates know about your pleasant stay with us.
Best regards,

#1 of 8 in Concord
Walnut Creek Marriott
Walnut Creek Marriott
#1 of 7 in Walnut Creek
Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.
Crowne Plaza Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord

Been to Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord? Share your experiences!