“Bad start very good stay!”
Review of Pleasant Hill Inn

Pleasant Hill Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Although at first there was a misunderstanding between the clerk at the reception desk and us, once the issue was resolved my husband and I enjoyed our stay at Pleasant Hill Inn very much. When Hanni our trip advisor with hotels.com (hope I am writing this correctly) made our reservations at this Inn, in Pleasant Hill,CA I asked her to be sure that our room had a roll-in-shower; she confirmed to me that we will be getting a room with exactly that. The day of our arrival I called Pleasant Hill Inn to let them know we were going to get to the hotel after 6 pm and was told it was no problem. But when we got there we were told our room did not have a roll-in-shower, the reason being that we were arriving late and someone had rented the room we had reserved. After some calls and arguing, the hotel managed to get our room back to us. And from then on we lived happily in Pleasant Hill Inn the rest of our stay. The bathroom was everything I expected, the bed was king size, the room clean and big enough with a nice closet, refrigerator, microwave and I think even a coffee maker. Through the week + that we stayed at this hotel we found the staff to be cordial and polite, breakfast good enough, location great and the price fair. I assured the manager I was going to write a nice review on their hotel and although it took me a little time to do it, here I am doing what I promised.

Room Tip: Call their reception desk if you are going to be arriving late and make sure they keep the room you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 10, 2013

When Hotels.com got the reservation wrong by just 'requesting' 2 queen beds instead of 1 king, the hotel clerk just said "Too Bad" & was going to charge us for the booking anyway (refusing to cancel). Luckily, Hotels.com got them to see the error of their ways, but failed to find us an available room any closer than San Francisco! Really???

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Holly_S_60
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Pleasant Hill Inn and enjoyed our stay. The clerks and management are very nice and the lobby, elevator, breakfast room and guest room were all very clean and comfortable, including the beds. The breakfast, complete with a waffle maker, hard boiled eggs, fruit, juice, coffee, muffins, toast, cereal and the best mini cinnamon rolls was very nice. The room even had a mini frig and microwave.

Great place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank L0vesBlueWater
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and i stayed here the last two nights of our touring holiday of north california.The hotel is easy to find.The receptionist seemed helpful and we also got room 202 like previous person on here.The room was adaquate we were just looking for somewhere reasonable at the end of our holiday.The breakfast was ok but if it runs out of coffee or anything you have to go and ring the reception bell so not really good service on that point of our stay.
There are plenty of places to eat out at on the main road outside

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gerard q
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights, and enjoyed the handy location. All of the workers were friendly, and the breakfast was fine -- exactly as advertised. The rooms have thin walls, no fans are in bathroom, and hallways are also noisy. The neighborhood around here is beautiful and safe for walking! That was an extra bonus, and something that needs to be pointed out! The indoor pool is tiny, so we did not use it. We enjoyed the ease of getting on the 680 from this hotel. The Wifi was great -- never a problem getting it in our third floor room!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rjrjj
Pleasant_Hill_Inn, Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your important review. We were really sorry for the inconvenience about our small amenities which is you prefer bigger. I could not make you happy this time but please give us one more chance to serve you better with our best service and make your trip wonderful. We will look forward to hear from you. Once again thank you for choosing Pleasant Hill INN.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

People, come on. The place is a budget hotel so you can't hold it to the standards of a Sheraton or Marriott which you chose not to pay for.

The young guy at the front desk was friendly. Maybe the staff got the criticism noted on TripAdvisor. He was not helpful however when I called down to ask why the Wifi was so terrible. That was my biggest complaint with the place. I have no idea what the problem was but I was in #202 right above the lobby and I could never get a strong and consistent connection my entire time there. It was beyond frustrating.

The room was small but it was just me for one night so it didn't bother me.

The bed was comfortable and it had not only soft pillows but two firm pillows -- thank you.

The bathroom had ants in the morning. I have slept at places with worse but you gotta get rid of the ants. It is not even rainy season.

TV was tough to figure out how to turn on but after I did it worked fine.

I had OJ because the apple juice was out. Coffee was horrible and skipped the breakfast bar which I do at most motels.

The place has seen better days but it was safe, pretty clean I thought, and I mean come on -- it was only $80 bucks which is why you selected it in the first place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sf_scorpio

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your important review. We were really sorry for the inconvenience you had with our hotel system. we will defiantly improve our internet service which was down for two days but now its perfectly working fine. I could not make you happy this time but please give us one more chance to serve you better with our best service and make your trip wonderful. We will look forward to hear from you. Once again thank you for choosing Pleasant Hill INN.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed Here 3 Nights, It was a Pleasant Stay Like Its Name.continental breakfast was really good like coffee,juice, fruit,waffle,bread,hard boiled eggs etc me and my wife was really happy. everything close by.also the front desk clerk Daniel was really friendly, he help a lot to locate a lots of place and restaurant, we will definitely stay again at pleasant hill inn

Room Tip: i was in room no.211 and it was really good
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank barbara g

Dear Barbara,
Thank you for your important review, Give us one more chance to improve our service to you and to our guest. we will keep working even harder to make you and our guests happy. We are really happy to have you again in our hotel. Thank you so much for choosing PLEASANT HILL INN.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Hill
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
#2 of 6 in Pleasant Hill
Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill
Crowne Plaza Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord

Been to Pleasant Hill Inn? Share your experiences!