“Big Value / Small Package”
Review of Pleasant Hill Inn

Pleasant Hill Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Porterville, California
“Big Value / Small Package”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

My room had everything a business traveler like myself needs:
Low Price
Free Parking
Convenient Location
Quite
Friendly & Attentive Staff

Everything was in good condition. No odors, no stains, no mold. A well maintained hotel.

The only knock on the facility was that the room is very small. 2 people would have a hard time getting around here. Bathroom was also on the small size. But for a single guest, I had no problem. The king size bed was really too big for the room. A queen size would have given the guest a little more room to move around. And maybe the desk chair wouldn't bump the end of the bed every time I get up.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Third floor did not have an ice machine
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
PleasantHillInn, Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate that. We will try to improve. We can not increase the room size but we have been trying to increase room space. Like their were 3 to 4 lamps in room when we bought this property. We removed those lamps and put lights on ceilings. This gave us some space also we moved A/C little out side. This gave us some space too. We will keep trying to increase space especially in queen rooms. Again thank you very much and we appreciate your business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Orange, California
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed at the Pleasant Hill Inn again since my review about a month earlier (no rooms in town) and I must say that the experience was much better. The room was clean and no bed bugs. I thought it fair to revise my review. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Spinner101
Orange, California
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Stayed here just the other day. Although the price was good, I found bed bugs and hair on the pillows and sheets (ugh!!) Had to sleep (ok sleep isnt the word, rest with one eye open and with all my clothes on) with towels wrapped around a small pillow. Stay away!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Spinner101
I am really sorry. We have been trying to improve the quality. We took action for cleanliness. We hired new head house keeper on top of 3 house keeper. So our head house keeper do thorough check the cleanliness of entire property. Again i am sorry for your inconvenience and thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your business.

Travelers are raving about these Pleasant Hill hotels

Duncan, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2010

You will truly noe find a cleaner facility than this one. Good-sized rooms that are spotless. Breakfast included. Also internet. The young couple that manage it are very polite, and helpful. We stayed 2 1/2 weeks - and we are returning there at end September. Have nothing to criticize at all.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bc_islander_10
Alliston
Reviewed June 18, 2010

This is my fourth stay at the Pleasant Hill Inn. In comparing it to price and location, I chose it via phone, and upon arrival, found the quality equalled the convenience.
To walk to town is very convenient, even while I need a cane, and the staff is friendly and welcoming each time I arrive. They take care not only with individual requests (i.e,, directions and room supplies, but they know the area and can offer good suggestions and information on the town.
I've always enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
5 Thank travelling59
Napa, California
Reviewed June 17, 2010

This hotel was suggested by a friend and I am glad they did. Very nice people, clean and great location. Internet was fast and free. I will stay here everytime I am that area. Thumbs up on this find.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank sam32766
PleasantHillInn, Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for write great review for Pleasant Hill Inn.

Sincerely
Jessica Patel
Manager
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed March 18, 2010

My Husband & I are relocating to Pleasant Hill and stayed at the Best Western, Pleasant Hill Inn for 4 nights and 5 days. What a wonderful experience!

The rooms were immaculate, the customer service exceptional and the location ideal! Close to downtown and centrally located, the Pleasant Hill Inn is perfect for anyone in town for business or pleasure.

We had planned to stay only one or two nights however after our first night, we found it to be the most affordable, clean and friendly hotel in the Contra Costa county area. A quick 30 minute tram ride into San Fancisco is also a bonus! Also, they offer a delicious continental breakfast each morning which is great for those of us on a budget.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we'd like to give a personal thanks to Jessica and Sam for their superior customer service and hospitality. We couldn't have asked for better accomodations.

See you in July!

~ Jessecca & Adam Sottosanti, Bend Oregon

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank AJSottosanti
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasant Hill
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
#2 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek
Hilton Concord
Hilton Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord

Been to Pleasant Hill Inn? Share your experiences!