“Revised Review: Better”
Review of Pleasant Hill Inn

Pleasant Hill Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Pleasant Hill
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed at the Pleasant Hill Inn again since my review about a month earlier (no rooms in town) and I must say that the experience was much better. The room was clean and no bed bugs. I thought it fair to revise my review. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Spinner101

Reviewed March 30, 2011

Stayed here just the other day. Although the price was good, I found bed bugs and hair on the pillows and sheets (ugh!!) Had to sleep (ok sleep isnt the word, rest with one eye open and with all my clothes on) with towels wrapped around a small pillow. Stay away!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Spinner101
PleasantHillInn, Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2011

I am really sorry. We have been trying to improve the quality. We took action for cleanliness. We hired new head house keeper on top of 3 house keeper. So our head house keeper do thorough check the cleanliness of entire property. Again i am sorry for your inconvenience and thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed August 25, 2010

You will truly noe find a cleaner facility than this one. Good-sized rooms that are spotless. Breakfast included. Also internet. The young couple that manage it are very polite, and helpful. We stayed 2 1/2 weeks - and we are returning there at end September. Have nothing to criticize at all.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bc_islander_10
Reviewed June 18, 2010

This is my fourth stay at the Pleasant Hill Inn. In comparing it to price and location, I chose it via phone, and upon arrival, found the quality equalled the convenience.
To walk to town is very convenient, even while I need a cane, and the staff is friendly and welcoming each time I arrive. They take care not only with individual requests (i.e,, directions and room supplies, but they know the area and can offer good suggestions and information on the town.
I've always enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank travelling59
Reviewed June 17, 2010

This hotel was suggested by a friend and I am glad they did. Very nice people, clean and great location. Internet was fast and free. I will stay here everytime I am that area. Thumbs up on this find.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank sam32766
PleasantHillInn, Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2010

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for write great review for Pleasant Hill Inn.

Sincerely
Jessica Patel
Manager

Reviewed March 18, 2010

My Husband & I are relocating to Pleasant Hill and stayed at the Best Western, Pleasant Hill Inn for 4 nights and 5 days. What a wonderful experience!

The rooms were immaculate, the customer service exceptional and the location ideal! Close to downtown and centrally located, the Pleasant Hill Inn is perfect for anyone in town for business or pleasure.

We had planned to stay only one or two nights however after our first night, we found it to be the most affordable, clean and friendly hotel in the Contra Costa county area. A quick 30 minute tram ride into San Fancisco is also a bonus! Also, they offer a delicious continental breakfast each morning which is great for those of us on a budget.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we'd like to give a personal thanks to Jessica and Sam for their superior customer service and hospitality. We couldn't have asked for better accomodations.

See you in July!

~ Jessecca & Adam Sottosanti, Bend Oregon

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank AJSottosanti
Reviewed February 26, 2010

The only reason I gave the "Location" category a *4* instead of a *5* is because of all the "one-way" and "no-U-turn" streets in the locale ... but then, the whole city seems to be like that, and it's a little bewildering to a small town fellow ... but I adjusted, and it's not the motel's fault, after all! The nearby amenities were very reassuring...restaurants, shops and markets were my particular interest, and I was not disappointed. (If I could put in a little plug for the next-door Mexican restaurant, it too was wonderful -- great price, great food, great service!)

The hotel management and staff were very quick to accommodate, anticipating questions a traveler might have, and being friendly in not merely a professionally adequate fashion, but were, in a word, genuine. There are some people of whom you might say, "It was a pleasure to meet them" ... these are folks of whom you'd go further and say, I'm glad I know them!"

At every opportunity they asked me if everything was all right, but not in an off-putting manner at all, as though they needed to be reassured at every juncture. Rather, I would say, it was a delight for me to look forward to going downstairs to the lobby and saying hello. (They were also very helpful in providing me with map printouts so I could find my way around the city.) On one visit to the lobby, I was pleased to hear another hotel guest praising the managers for their excellent service in his behalf.

I originally came into the hotel simply to ask directions --I had already a tentative booking at another inn -- but something about their manner and spirit prompted me to look no further. I booked for one night... then, finished with the business at hand, decided to book one more night, and to see a little of the city and surrounding area in the bargain!

While the single-occupancy room I occupied wasn't huge, I didn't need huge. I wasn't expecting guest visits or conferences, and it was just right for me. (Also, I didn't *look* at other rooms, so I'm not sure what accommodations are available for larger needs.) The queen-size bed I had was excellent...I slept very comfortably.

I have no doubt whatever that I shall stay there again, as plans bring me to the Pleasant Hill area.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
#1 of 8 in Concord
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
#2 of 6 in Pleasant Hill
Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill
Crowne Plaza Concord
Crowne Plaza Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord

Been to Pleasant Hill Inn? Share your experiences!