“this place is GREAT.....”
Review of Zio Fraedo's

Zio Fraedo's
Ranked #18 of 119 Restaurants in Pleasant Hill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2014

i have been going to Zio's since the early 80's....i am full blooded Italian and i can cook with the best of them. i have never had a bad meal at Zio's.....the place is very beautiful and clean. the food has always been good and they will do whatever to make it the way you want it. the best Tiramisu you can get outside of Italy.....can't believe someone preferred the Spagetti Factory to Zio's. i wouldn't even have a glass of water there. the food there is plastic, not Italian. the owner Tony is the nicest man.....he is always so kind and makes you feel welcomed and appreicates your business.....the Prime Rib is huge and wonderful..i love the Chicken Toscana minus the artichokes and the Chicken Cordon Bleu is great too. it is all GOOD!!!! we try to go as often as we can.....the rest of you that do not like Zio's..Go eat and McDonalds.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

food is ok, not remarkable
discount coupon not honored - we presented coupon when we ordered, told not hoored when we received bill. we paid full price. we will never return

3  Thank Barbara U
Reviewed January 7, 2014

If you are looking for a true "Dinner House" in Pleasant Hill, then Zio Fraedo's is the place to go. I have been going there for over 30 years and I have no problem in saying that Zeo's is the only true Dinner House in Pleasant Hill. The service is old world and very good. The food is great and there is a wide selection. They also have a fine bar and fair pricing. I would recommend this Dinner House to everyone.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I purchased 4 tickets in November to the dinner and show (Murder Mystery) for my birthday at Zio Fraedo's in Pleasant Hill. I thought it be something very different and special to celebrate. When we arrived I excepted the dinner hall to be more than just generic huge room with round tables set up (something with decoration and/or a theme for the show) but it was just plain round tables for 10 people at each. It took over an hour to seat everyone. You had to stand in a long line for drinks at the only bar in the room. No appetizers were provided and I was very hungry by the time the salad and rolls were catered in. Generic salads with sparse dressing - I had to ask for more dressing and I don't like my salads with a lot of dressing (most guest at the table asked for more too). Then came the salmon which look good but was cold and very dry with no sauce. Vegetables were barely cooked and cold. The desert was chocolate mousse which was chalky tasting and no one ate it at our table.

The "show" started while we were eating. Let me first say I am an avid reader of murder mystery books and excused the dinner for an exciting show. But it never came. The "actors" were roaming all around the room speaking their part but it was so confusing and hard to hear them (microphones would cut out or screech) and you missed what they were saying. Your head was turning constantly and it was so busy and by the end boring to watch. At the end of the show we were so glad to leave. It was such a disappointment all around and very expensive. So I am giving this review a terrible review because of the food, atmosphere, show and cost. Don't spend your money and try another restaurant in the area.

2  Thank Clancy-Clan3
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This used to be a reasonably good place to take your parents or grandparents. We had taken our senior neighbors here for a birthday lunch. The waitress was completely inattentive to the point of embarrassment. The restaurant was not busy and the waitress chose to chat for over 20 minutes with two different tables while we waited. She made her first approach for drinks but never returned with them for a long time. We waited again to place orders and forever to get our food. The California club sandwich was supposed to have avocado, tomato, bacon, mayo, onion, lettuce, cheese, turkey. It had ONLY turkey, two 1/4" slivers of avocado, about 1 1/2 ounces of very dry turkey, a thin slice of American! cheese (of all things), and none of the rest. The toast was burned. Other meals at our table were just as bad. Could not cut the chicken, vegetables had freezer burn, potato was cold, etc. I would never go back.

2  Thank travelfriend1