“Celebration of Life”

Dining options: Reservations
Martinez, California
“Celebration of Life”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I were at a Celebration of life of an old friend. The owner, I think his name is Tony was at the front directing everyone who arrived to the exact location. The room was well appointed and had the pictures of the deceased placed through out. I asked the sister of the deceadant who set this up and she replied "the staff did everything". The buffet was well presented and something for everyone. The staff went around to each table offering wine. The dessert was a chocolate mousse which in fact was delicious. I have been passing this location for years and never took the time to come in. If this is how they treat you in a banquet situation I can't wait to try the main dining room. My hat is off to the owner and his staff for turning a not so good day into a cheerful experience. Well done!

• Visited October 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“love this place”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

its been sometime since I have gone but never had a bad meal at this place. I have one request from the facility please make your beef wellingtons again I loved them and they so would bring me back again with out a second thought. Everyone was friendly and owners involved like an old world Italian restaurant....my husbands family has been going here on and off for years.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Bellabegood
Whittier, California
“Wedding Rehearsal Dinner”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Thanks to Tony and his staff for the great rehearsal dinner they prepared for our son's wedding. We didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was great...prime rib, pasta, chicken, salads and the bread pudding was delicious! Thank you again.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank BusyFamily_77
Danville, CA
“Good for a few reasons...”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a good spot, they pour a good drink, it's pleasant surroundings, and we went to their live music night - JLaChick I think? They serve one of the best buffets I've had in the bay area, everything was great including the good music.
Have to say I've eaten there a few times also when my husband had fish (that's all he eats) and it wasn't quite the quality of fish he generally likes, maybe it was pre frozen, or just not prepared perfectly?
Everything else though other than the fish is fabulous, sos I rated it one point under Very Good.

• Visited March 2012
Martinez, California
“Add some class to your evening”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Classic french/continental menu. Outstanding,service, decor and food. Try the braised short ribs, no knife required.