“Good Stuff”

Nama Sushi
Ranked #34 of 126 Restaurants in Pleasant Hill
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you are in Walnut Creek and do not mind traveling a little bit (next town over), then this is a good destination. Located on the corner of a very nondescript set of twin buildings you will find Nama sushi. While they serve all the normal stuff, you are better off perusing the pictures for the different rolls they make. By far, my favorite is the Ryan Roll - Salmon, special spicy sauce over crab and shrimp tempura - is crazy good.

1  Thank rhitomi

Reviewed April 22, 2014

For a suburban locale, this place had solid sushi, the presentation was excellent and the sushi chef was fun to hang out with. On top of some sushi, I had the 49er roll...it was pretty darn good.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We ate here once, it was really good. Try the shrimp wrapped in bacon! I've always been partial to that and california rolls. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

For a special treat, we went to Nama for lunch on the advice of a colleague. It was great - very fresh and flavorful. I contentedly munched on a spider roll and a california roll, while my wife (who normally does not eat a lot of Japanese food) had chicken terriyaki bento box.

We will definitely go back. The best sushi on the east side of the Caldecott that I can recall.

The restaurant was clean and there was enough space between the tables that it was easy to have a conversation in the restaurant.

1  Thank Double64Double
Reviewed September 4, 2013

First time sushi experience - very good. The waitstaff was helpful in making choices and were prompt and curious. The spicy tuna roll is one of my favorites. Very clean and easy to get to - plenty of parking.

1  Thank mapmaker59