“Friendly, tasty neighborhood restaurant”
Review of Wence's Restaurant

Wence's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wence's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 118 Restaurants in Pleasant Hill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Patterson Blvd
Danville, California
“Friendly, tasty neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I go there frequently because it is convenient to my camera club. Their food and wine are delightful, and the service even more so. Moreover, the prices are reasonable, in the literal sense of the word: appropriate for the quality. I particularly enjoy the swordfish.

• Visited April 2013

Albany, New York
“Hidden Gem - California cuisine”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic seafood. We had oysters, mussels and artichoke salad as starters. As a lover of oysters, it was fantastic to taste the absolute freshness in the oysters. This carried over to the fish entrees. The chef stopped by and let us know he gets his fish fresh daily. We had the seabass and halibut entrees. One word - Fantastic! Do not pass this place up.

• Visited April 2013
Pleasant Hill, California
“Wence's Restaurant in Pleasant Hill, California”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been to the restaurant 3 times and each visit has been FANTASTIC! The food is wonderful with MANY selections and is always presented like something you would see on THE IRON CHEF. It is friendly to all age groups with many selections for all. You have a choice of "healthy" or "decadent" foods and desserts. I had the most fantastic lobster soup there on my first visit. Beer, wine and cocktails are served.

Since it is becoming more popular, I would recommend making a reservation. Indoor and outdoor seating are both available. They are open continously from 8AM to late evening, so it is possible to meet mid-afternoon when they are less busy.

It is in a strip-mall on Oak Park Blvd which contains 3 other restaurants and small shops. Don't let the setting fool you! I plan to go there MANY MORE TIMES and to introduce it to my friends as I did last night. I especially like the fact that they supported a fund raiser night for the Pleasant Hill Schools. GOOD LUCK to the owners and chefs.

• Visited March 2013
Martinez, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yes!Yes!Yes!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Excellent Food and Service! We went here a a couple of weeks ago with some friends
for the first time. Great appetizers and entre's. When my husband's meal did not come
out with the rest of the food, our waitress apologized and said the kitchen had somehow
missed it--came out within 5 min. Best part? We were pleasantly surprised when that
particular entre did not appear on the bill.

• Visited March 2013
California
“This is probably a big mistake!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Writing this review, I mean. Now we will have to stand in line for a table at lunch just like we have to on Saturday nights. Tried this three times in past week to see whether the great dinner we had the first night was a fluke. Apparently not! Both our luncheon meals were excellent, too. The soups (we tried the onion, and the enchilada ) were flavorful and filling. Our fish tacos tasty, and the street tacos (which comes w shrimp, beef or chicken) were a great appetizer to share. Lets talk about the burgers: Wow! Their Junior's Burger is an incredible value with a side side salad ($10.) and if u r particular about how u like meat cooked, stress that so they cook it as u like. The Western Burger, w Jalapeño, bacon , grilled onion and some b b q sauce came with a side of Fr onion soup, was huge, and cost a mere $10.
So, there's got to b some criticism, right? Well, they could do w some premium beers on tap. How about some Pliney The Elder?!
And I wish they had a chocolate soufflé for a real treat after dinner! I've included a photo of their choc chip cookie skillet. It could have been a bit more cooked. But folks who like soft cookies will appreciate the consistency. We asked them to leave off the choc syrup when we learned it was Hershey's. Does NOT belong in a quality restaurant, IMO. Gotta try this place, folks!