“Love this place”

Cuisines: Italian
Phoenix, Arizona
“Love this place”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great food, awesome service and always clean and fresh. It is so nice at this place you go done and want to go back for more. The Manager so so nice and make your feel like home.

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Walnut Creek, California
“Killer Service, Delicious Italiano Cuisine & NOT Pricey!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have eaten at a vast array of Italian eateries (San Francisco, San Diego, New York, etc.), bu I constantly come back to Pasta Pomodoro (in Pleasant Hill) as they offer an array of dishes, they change heir menu up for certain occasions (Mother's Day, Valentine's Day ...), and they are always more than willing to accommodate certain food restrictions/needs (gluten-free, diabetes-friendly, etc.).

Let's NOT forget that the Economy still is NOT stellar so if you and friends are wanting a great Italian meal but don't want to fork out a lot of money, a restaurant with tremendous service, inviting ambiance and outgoing staff, Pasta Pomodoro IS a restaurant you MUST TRY!

Every location is different, but the locale in Pleasant Hill as both wonderful indoor & outdoor seating as well as lots of parking -- three handicap spots right next to the restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
Schweinfurt, Germany
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The food at Pasta Pomodoro was delicious. We had Fettucine della Casa and a Salad with a tender beef steak and blue cheese - both meals exceeded our expectations. Before our meal, we got bread with basil pesto for free - the pesto dip is one of a kind.

Sevice was excellent too.

I took one point off as the dining atmospher could have been better (AC was turned on way too high)

Other than that, i highly recommend this place.

• Visited May 2014
SF Bay Area
“Not Your Average Chain Restaurant”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Pasta Pomodoro has been around for a long time, and has several locations around the bay area. I only recently started going there, as I am not usually a fan of chain restaurants. Not many have impressed until now.

The restaurant is clean, and very cute. They have nice patio seating as well, and is always packed for dinner, especially with the nice weather we have been experiencing.

I have always experienced very good service, however, Christina is exceptional, and you would think that it was her restaurant, as she really cares and pays attention to detail when taking care of guests. I hope that she is appreciated by the owner/management!

The food is consistently good, with the exception of their pizzas. I tried, but do not enjoy eating flimsy pizza....they do not cook it right, somehow, but I notice this at other establishments as well....

My favorite is the Pollo Griglia (grilled chicken breast). They serve it with farro (an ancient grain) and sautee with olive oil, tomatoes, and spinach. Very, very good! I order sides of farro because I have cravings for it!

The pastas are good, not average. The sauces are nice as well, and do not taste "americanized" as you would expect. I wouldn't say that this is the most authentic Italian food, but a lot better than say, Olive Garden or Sorrento's.

Check out their special menus. The spring menu is nice, especially the asparagus salad. One of my favs!!

I have tried a few of the desserts, but not very impressed. They say that the tiramisu is their signature dish, but to me, it was too sweet, and didn't taste authentic to traditional Italian. I tried another but didn't care for...just can't remember what it was...not memorable, obviously.

I have to mention their foccacia bread. OMG, it is awesome!!! If you do take out, make sure that you ask for bread, as sometimes they forget to give it to you....

I hope that this establishment continues to be successful, as I will continue to give them my business as long as they keep doing what they are doing. Grazi!

Visited June 2013
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
“Fabulous and Filling!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've been a subscriber to the "High Carb Diet" for years, and this one didn't disappoint! Generous portions, freshly made pasta and sauces, and lots of choices! Plus homemade bread kept coming and was itself amazing. If you've got any room for dessert after all that, try the bread pudding - to die for! I waddled out with a big smile...

Visited March 2013