Location is clearly the best thing about this hotel but the property itself isn't bad at all. In order to avoid driving into SF I've gotten accustomed to staying at various hotels in the East Bay and taking BART into town, and so was very happy to find this Summerfield located right off I-680 with on-off convenience couldn't be better. As others have indicated, it's walking distance to PH's ersatz downtown area, with lots of restaurants, etc., just a block or so away. I've only stayed in PH one time, and on a rainy weekend at that. Even so the hotel was reasonably well occupied, but quiet enough for a good night's sleep.
Summerfields seem to make you choose your conveniences. Some have elevators and no business center; others have free computer use but no elevators. The PH property has all of that and the computer use was free, which I appreciated. I also liked the selection at breakfast (missed the evening cocktails others have mentioned), the good coffee and the pleasant, if slightly jejune, front desk staff. The room we had was smaller than some I've had in older Summerfields, but perfectly adequate, seemingly newly-furnished and nicely maintained.
Although a Hyatt affiliate, Summerfield doesn't let you check in online or by phone, and every Summerfield I've stayed at has told me that if a guest isn't there by midnight they'll process a no-show unless they're warned of a late arrival before witching hour. To my knowledge, this bit of intel isn't posted on the reservation website; the first time I heard this was just by dumb luck. so I've asked at every Summerfield I've reserved at since. Sure enough, it's true at PH too. I suggest phoning ahead if there's any chance of a late arrival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just off Interstate-680 and minutes from Walnut Creek and Concord, the HYATT house™ Pleasant Hill hotel offers travelers access to many of the areas popular destinations, including Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Lescher Center for the Arts, and Boundary Oaks Golf Course. This Pleasant Hill hotel is also conveniently accessible to area colleges and universities such as St. Mary’s College, California State University East Bay, and the University of California Berkeley. For business travelers, the Pleasant Hill hotel is close to the corporate offices of Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Aetna Insurance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your HYATT house Pleasant Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Pleasant Hill Hotel Pleasant Hill
- Summerfield Suites Pleasant Hill
- Hyatt Pleasant Hill
- Pleasant Hill Summerfield Suites
- Pleasant Hill Hyatt