“Good food. Tense staff”

Ranked #69 of 119 Restaurants in Pleasant Hill
Description: 925 933 7778
Description: 925 933 7778
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our lunch, but the server seemed really unhappy, not sure why. By the end of the mail she was more professional. Very pleasantnroom.

There are newer reviews for Mr. Lucky's of Pleasant Hill

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a typical neighborhood bar and restaurant. There is a bar in the front and you walk through to a dining room in the back, that also has an outdoor area, I believe. We were there with son and granddaughter who live around the corner...simply looking for a bit to eat. On good advise we ordered their special hamburger. I wanted mine medium rare, which is usually foolish for it will come out raw or medium. This one was perfect and it had no filler (which even some upscale places use) and was good beef. The service average, but ok...and my granddaughter's child's meal, automatically includes an ice-cream Sundae, which in her opinion makes it the place to go.
I will go there the next time we are in time and try to get past the delicious hamburger to see what over great neighborhood American food they have.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have been to this location before and after the remodeling and must say it is still the local dive. Sure food improved a little but unless your the OLD original crowd and not for the younger or middle aged...this place makes you feel uneasy and unwanted in the evenings. Seems seedy and creepy crowd. Lets not forget the bar staff...well lets just say the bald creepy, rude bartender is the reason why I tell all my friends to avoid this place and I have lots of friends. My experience with him alone will keep me and my family from ever attending this dive again. Sorry but the truth hurts sometimes and this place is a remodeled bar but still low class!!!!! They actually had some weird guy follow home a girl one night to her home and park outside. The characters who come here are not entirely good people who blend in with the very older group. NOT WORTH GOING HERE!!!!! i finally got to write the review but felt this needed to be noted....

Reviewed June 16, 2012

This place needs a makeover. The carpet, seating, and decorations showed years of wear and a fair amount of dirt. The food wa unimpressive - think middle America, circa 1950's. The pricing aspired to a level not delivered by either the food or ambience.

1  Thank Vandymarine82
Reviewed March 10, 2012

The soup special is great everyday. The menu makes you work hard to decide, so many choices and everything is well presented, freshly cooked and tasty.