“High on the Hog”

Henry's Steakhouse
Ranked #27 of 121 Restaurants in Placerville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: U.S. 50
Description: Ensconce yourself in rich leather seats and wood detailed interiors in a warm club atmosphere. Personalized service by our dedicated professionals is just the beginning of an evening that will provide you a truly unforgettable experience. Guaranteed to satisfy the most discerning tastes, Henry's proudly serves more than 30 wines by the glass and carries over 400 selections of bottles to choose from.
Placerville, California
“High on the Hog”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The food ok, but very expensive for what you get. I would not say the food is out of this world. I would not go back.

Visited August 2011

Garden Valley, California
“Never Again”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have wanted to go to this restaurant for quite awhile. What a disappointment. I knew they were expensive but I had heard how great the food. was, so I ordered the Veal Chop, it is hard to find a veal chop in California, and at $42.00, I expected a great chop. And let me tell you for that price all you get is the chop. I got what looked like a beautiful chop stuffed with a few mushrooms, this veal chop that had more fat than I have even seen in Prime Rib, I do not know where they get their meat, but they should be shot. There was so much fat in this piece of meat I could not even eat it, I told the waiter about my disappointment and he did not care and I guess the chef didn't either. We then ordered desert, we should have known better, deconstructed banana cream pie, if this was the show Chopped, they would have been Chopped. Probably the worst desert I have ever had in a restaurant. So the desert consists for gram cracker crumbs some sliced almonds, glutenous pudding some chopped banana's a bit of whipped cream and a dollop of something that looked like caramel sauce. Huh. Do not waste your time,

• Visited February 2012
“Whiskey and bourbon event”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Attended the whiskey and bourbon event at Henry's Steakhouse at Red Hawk casino. The food and many selections of whiskey and bourbon were very good. Our host, Meng, really took care of us. It was a first class event. I have grown to really enjoy gambling at Red Hawk casino. The staff really makes you feel comfortable. I like it better than Thunder Valley and Cache Creek casinos. You should give it a try.

Granite Bay, California
“Great Food, Great Service, Fine Dining Atmosphere, Romantic, Nice Staff”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

My wife and I have been to Henry's Steak House about six times in the last year, and every time we are more than satisfied with the entire experience. The restaurant is down the escalator from the main Casino floor, where there is also gaming but it's a Smoke Free environment. The eager to please staff will greet you warmly when you walk in the double glass doors. When you first walk in the hostess desk is on the left and to your right is the bar area. Don't hesitate to have a drink there and a snack off the menu if you don't have time for dinner. We highly recommend the lobster bisque with the excellent bread and butter (which thoughtfully is served room temperature soft). Also the warm brie and the crab cake appetizers. All wonderful! Beware the lobster bisque is very rich and very filling, we recommend sharing one for two people so you can still eat your dinner.

The wine list is extensive and includes a very large selection of wines by the glass, with a choice of 4 oz. or 8 oz. glass priced accordingly. I didn't count them but there must be at least 50 wines by the glass, some of them priced like a premium bottle, but worth it. The wine list has incredible variety and acceptable price points for a first class establishment.

The food is exceptional and you are served by two people, a primary and secondary server. These people are very well trained, and while not intrusive, are very observant and prompt to spot anything you might need. They make you feel spoiled with their gracious but not pretentious manner.

This is primarily a steak house so you get the best prime beef available. The prices are somewhat high (to be expected in a first class steak house) but the quality is there, and of course everything is served ala carte' so there are charges for each dish. We've never had anything but an exceptional meal at Henry's, and that includes whatever fresh fish is on the menu. This restaurant is better than Ruth Chris or Morton's, its only real competition in the Sacramento Valley.

This is a special place for that important occasion meal, the experience is outstanding and the meal will not be forgotten. I give Henry's my favorite restaurant vote and Five Stars!

• Visited January 2012
Murphys ,Calif
“smoke and mirrows”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Had dinner last night at Henrys steak house , I know that a salid is any restaurants money maker but I do exspect the salid to be good, They come to your table to make your Ceaser salid like some of the best do but ( and this is a big but ) when you have the dressing from a can and just put it in a bowl that is not making a homemade dressing.this salid was the most boaring salid I have ever had. Then we had two glasses of wine , the glass at the bottom had this sludge in the bottom that was stuck to the bottom of the glass, the wait person told us it was part of the wine and that he and the bartender tasted it, ( really you tasted it ) yes in old bottles of wine you do get sediment in the wine but I have never seen it take on the shape of the glass ! it looked like old orange juice....this place has all the look of a great restaurant but the need to take the time to teach the staff how to make a salid otherwise just make it in the back.The best Ceaser Salid I have ever had was in Las Vegas nev.

• Visited October 2011