“Outstanding fine dining”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: U.S. 50
Description: Ensconce yourself in rich leather seats and wood detailed interiors in a warm club atmosphere. Personalized service by our dedicated professionals is just the beginning of an evening that will provide you a truly unforgettable experience. Guaranteed to satisfy the most discerning tastes, Henry's proudly serves more than 30 wines by the glass and carries over 400 selections of bottles to choose from.
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Henry's is located in Red Hawk Casino near Placerville , CA. It is there premiere Restaurant within the casino.
The service was outstanding and the food excellent. Two of us had the prime rib which was cooked to perfection. My wife said she has never had any better salmon anywhere. Sides were extra as well as salads, but were large enough to share.
Overall an excellent experience, especially for a casino. My one recommendation that they have a dress code. Tee shirts and jeans are a little casual for such a nice restaurant.

Reviewed June 3, 2010

My husband and I ate at Henry's last night for our anniversary and really enjoyed our meal. I had read other reviews and was cautiously optimistic, but was pleasantly surprised by a great dining experience. Out total bill was $198 and I felt a value for what we ordered. The service was great but not obtrusive and our servers were right there if we needed anything. All our questions about the menu were also answered appropiately. The raisin pecan bread they bring to the table was really good.

Drinks: We ordered a bottle of Boger Barbera (a local wine, and a personal favorite) and one of their specialty drinks.

Starter: To start we shared the crab cake. It was probably the best crab cake I have ever had. My husband and I had wished we both ordered our own instead of sharing.

Soup/Salad: He had the wedge salad and I had the lobster bisque. The wedge salad was very refreshing and the lobster bisque was amazing.

Entrée: I had the steak au poivre (ordered medium rare) and it was cooked perfectly. My husband ordered the porterhouse and was not overly amazed by it, but said it was good.

Sides: We ordered the cauliflower au gratin and the duck fat fried truffle french fries. The au gratin was average (nothing spectacular compared to all the other dishes) but the french fries were out of this world.

Dessert: Strawberry Napoleon. This was a very light and refreshing dessert. It was served with a glass of prosecco.

I felt it was very comparable to Ruth's Chris. I feet that Ruth's Chris has better steaks, but the starters and sides make me want to choose Henry's over Ruth's Chris. All in all, it was a great meal and we will definitely return in the future.

Reviewed February 15, 2010

We enjoy a nice meal at a nice steakhouse and have no problem spending the $150-$200 it costs to get that meal. But that price tag comes with higher expectations for both food & service. Henry's did not live up to our expectations. Don't get me wrong - this isn't a "bad" restaurant. But if I'm spending $150 for 2 steaks, 1 appetizer, 1 side dish and some coffee - it better be GREAT.

Food: THE BAD: Abalone was so overcooked you couldn't even cut it - it was hard as rock. The mac & cheese was dry and flavorless. A big disappointment to a mac & cheese lover! The prime rib was tough, dry and chewy.

Food: THE GOOD: Henry's had the best crab cake I've ever had. It was the star of the show and I wish I would've just eaten that for dinner! Big, huge chunks of crab, great flavor and great texture. Perfect crab cake. Also the Steak Au Poivre was excellent. Juicy, cooked exactly as ordered and wonderful peppercorn flavor. A fine job on this steak.

Service was okay. It had it's high and low points just as the food did. I would expect better at a "fine dining" establishment.

Great wine list & nice ambiance (once you make it through the casino of course).

Still, I'd rather go to Zachary Jacques for dinner if I'm in Placerville. And it'll cost you half as much!