New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Gold Country Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
“Don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This place is old and not well maintained. They are passing off double beds as queens, most uncomfortable for two tall people. Not very clean. We decided we didn't want to stay but they wouldn't give us our money back.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Stonekarnak
GCI1332, General Manager at Gold Country Inn, responded to this review, December 21, 2015

All our rooms are either Queens or Kings.

Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Folsom, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

So I hear they have new housekeepers. they were really nice to me, I stayed here the other day and rented out a one bed bedroom. It was really neat and clean. I have stayed here a couple of times first time wasn't so good but this time was. Front desk was actually nice to me two thumbs up on that one. Though there breakfast could be better having more options of food and drink choices to choose from. Other than that I enjoyed my stay. I will remember the nice housekeepers they have though when I needed something from the cart like a cup or a trash bag she was really nice to me even though she was busy she stopped and helped me get what I needed. Great job housekeeping. Glad to see new faces working hard. Overall I had a better experience this time than last time. It seems to me the owner is caring alot more which I am happy to see. Thankyou for making this stay a positive one for me.

Room Tip: If you have been here before and it wasnt a good experience dont give up. I saw new housekeepers and...