“Clean, Comfortable, and Convenient”

Best Western Plus Placerville Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Nice hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was very helpful with questions and with (repeated) problems with the room key cards. Breakfast included a nice variety such as hard boiled eggs and waffles. Location was convenient with easy access to the highway or a grocery store and shopping area (TJMax).

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Placerville Inn

Reviewed September 15, 2010

Whatever you do - do NOT STAY HERE!! It's filthy, it smells & the customer service ALONE was the worst I have EVER dealt with. We stayed at the Best Western in Truckee and had the BEST EXPERIENCE!! The most friendlies staff, wonderful rooms, amenities... really, the list goes on and on... So WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT it was when we stayed at the Best Western in Placerville and they treated us poorly, their rooms were awful & they had a microwave that we popped popcorn from (3 minutes -- but REALLY old, had the knob to turn to 3 minutes) and the popcorn burn AND they charged me a replacement fee for their microwave behind my back - without contacting me. I saw the charge on my credit card statement, called them to ask what it was for the guy that answered the phone was SOOOOOOO RUDE!! He was sarcastic & bitter to talk to. He wasn't kind or nice. He was the biggest jerk I've dealt with in the customer service industry in at least 10 years. NEVER, EVER AGAIN!!!!! BOOOOOOOO!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank sarah_whitten
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Gotta admit to chuckling at the other reviews for this hotel. It was indeed pretty seedy. I checked in with my dog and was given a nasty room, then asked for a "upgrade" that opened via sliding glass door onto the front of the hotel. Very glad to have the door and slept with the glass open and screen closed. Bed was comfie. Room was quite dark and didn't smell very good. Good location. (woke up at 3 am to hear someone yelling for help in front of the hotel which freaked me out). This ain't the best place I've ever stayed, but it aint' the worst. Needs some TLC. and an owner who cares. I ended up at Eden Vale Inn in Placerville where my dog and I both felt very welcome and safe.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank laddiesgirl
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Having stayed in this horrible (but virtually only El Dorado) motel several years ago, I thought I'd take another chance. When booking I specified a room "with a good, working air conditioner." Guess what I got? A room with a lousy a/c. So, at 1:30 in the morning, I moved to a different room (after making sure the a/c worked by leaving it on 30 minutes first), and that room had a non-working TV. While the staff attempted to be helpful, the motel is not well maintained. I will find ANY PLACE ELSE to stay next time.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank SoCalGirlSouthBay_CA
Reviewed January 17, 2009

We stopped here for the night while en route to Arizona after checking the AAA book. It is pet friendly and they charged $25 for a dog. There were a few problems though. The room we checked into had long black hairs all over the bathroom floor, and one of the beds looked like it hadn't been changed. I wiped up a big tangle of hair from the floor with a paper towel and showed it to the front desk clerk. She moved us to another room.

That room had hair on the bathroom floor also, but we didn't feel like moving to another hotel so late at night so we cleaned it up ourselves. Someone was sent to vacuum the rugs, but the upright vacuum didn't work on the tile bathroom floors.

On the plus side, the beds were comfortable and everything else in the room was fairly clean. Only the floors were filthy, like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The staff was very friendly and apologized numerous times for the inconvenience. The breakfast was pretty decent too.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank mydogmac78
Reviewed November 21, 2008

We came up to Placerville to attend a wedding. We decided to stay at the Best Western because of their "dog friendly" rating. Their website is completely inaccurate. It says pets allowed, no restrictions, $25 per day per room. Well, we got a phone call from the front desk at 9:30 at night asking how many dogs we have. They ended up charging $25 per dog, not per room. So, we paid an extra $50 a night instead of $25 as stated for a total of $100 extra for 2 nights for a room. False advertising is not ok in my book. They seem to want to make extra money instead of helping dog owners out. We will not be staying here again!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank veiledflwr
Reviewed October 5, 2008

For 21 years, we have made our annual trek to Placerville's Apple Hill Festival. With the exception of 2001 when we stayed at Placerville's Best Western, we stay in other cities because of the lack of quality hotels in the Placerville area.

We had such a terrible experience at this Best Western in 2001, that we vowed to never return. However, we now have a dog and finding a hotel that takes pets is almost impossible. So, my husband and I sucked it up and decided to stay here again.

RESERVATIONS: I called the BW motel directly and spoke with a nice man who insisted that things have changed since the last time we stayed. We received a decent rate, with a $25 pet charge. (Not too bad.)

CHECK-IN: Fast and friendly, in spite of the fact that there were lots of people checking in on a Saturday.

ROOMS: We thought for sure (being we had a dog) that our room would suck. We were pleasantly surprised to find a fairly decent room. There were a few tears in the rug, but other than that, the room was in okay condition. However, the bathtub didn't drain properly. Maintenance came right up after we called the front desk. The very nice maintenance man thought he had fixed it. By morning, the tub was, once again, not draining properly.

The beds were very uncomfortable and the bedspread was old.

The t.v. didn't work well at all (fuzzy) so we ordered a movie hoping to have some entertainment after a long, hot day in the sun. The movie didn't work, so we had to call down to the front desk. The clerk told us to change the channel so we wouldn't get charged for the movie.

BREAKFAST: I have very low expectations about complimentary breakfasts at hotels/motels. To me, they are just a bonus. However, the breakfast here fell below my low expectations. The eating areas were hot and poorly designed. With the exception of the make-your-own waffles, everything else wasn't very edible. Warm canned fruit, warm milk on the cereal, in spite of the fact that the milk was in a refrigerator. The 2 bowls I grabbed for my cereal were dirty...even though they were disposable bowls!!

FACILITIES: Nice pool area. The "security" doors WERE NOT secured. We were able to go in and out without the use of our keys.

CHECK-OUT: I don't normally comment on check-out, but this one was a strange experience. Several of us waited about 10 minutes for someone to come to the front desk to check us out. When I was handed the bill, I glanced down at it and the check-out clerk (who I think was the manager) said rudely, "Don't worry...we removed the movie charge off your bill." I was SHOCKED!! I hadn't said a word to him or anyone about it and was just looking at the bill to see the final charge. In fact, I hadn't said anything to him at all, other than to say, "Hi. I'm checking out of room ###." There was no, "thanks for staying or have a nice day." He was just as rude to the other person checking out.

Yes, this motel has improved, but next year, we will leave our poochy home and go back to the Holiday Inn Express in El Dorado Hills.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank 1happydisneygirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Historic Cary House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express El Dorado Hills Hotel
Best Western Stagecoach Inn
Best Western Stagecoach Inn
#1 of 2 in Pollock Pines

Been to Best Western Plus Placerville Inn? Share your experiences!