All reviewsred hawk casinothe breakfast areasouth lake tahoethe mexican restaurantapple hillmake your own wafflesgold countrycasa ramosfree breakfastgreat place to staypleasant stayyogurtflat screen tvbed was comfortablewould stay here againroom was largebw
Reviewed July 5, 2008

Everything that can go wrong does go wrong here.

We checked in late afternoon, then went out with friends until late. When we got to the room, I discovered we were in a smoking room. The window was open so it didn't seem too terribly bad. In the middle of the night, the smell got terrible. It got so bad that i couldn't sleep. In the morning, I realized that we had an adjoining room. The smoker in the next room must have been up all night chain smoking (who would smoke inside these days anyhow?) The smoke went right under the door. When I asked the next day, why they didn't tell us it was a smoking room (they had us sign a non-smoking hotel rider), they said it was listed wrong in the computer.

They moved us to another room. The rugs weren't ripped or as spotted as the last room.( I wondered if that was the smokers, dogs allowed room.) I was happier, but that didn't last.

The walls are really thin and the ice machine kept me awake. Every hour on the hour the machine "clunked" really loudly. Around 2 am I went to see if there was anything that could be done. He insisted that the ice machine only clunks when someone uses it. So I went back to my room. At 330 I asked if he could just unplug it. No one is in the hall using it. It is clunking because it is broken. He said that they needed the ice in the am. And sure enough, they did. At 5:30am, the staff started filling bucket after bucket of ice for the "full breakfast" of canned fruit cocktail, hard boiled eggs, and cereal. Then the ice machine really started to Clunk!

My sister got in late and her room had two unmade beds in it. The sheets were folded on top of the beds. She went downstairs to ask them to make the beds. They said that they could not leave the desk since there was no one else on site. They moved her to another room but with only one bed (the only one available). When my mother got there (her room-mate) she didn't have a bed to sleep on. They said there were sheets for the couch (you have to make that yourself) but there weren't. She went downstairs for sheets and he said he couldn't leave the desk because....

All the outside building doors say that they are locked for your protection. None of the locks work.

On a side note: There was a notice in the lobby that said "happy hour" every evening. We got there on Thursday and asked about it. They said only Friday and Saturday nights. Our friends asked on Friday night and they said only weekdays Mon-Thurs.

The motel is understaffed and poorly run -- but they do take the time to post nice comments about this place, because anyone who stayed here wouldn't!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
6  Thank suzw56
Reviewed February 25, 2008

I think, this is a great place to stay despite the negative reviews some people left. It has a ref, microwave and a coffee maker inside our room. Not all hotels have these amenities. The room is exceptionally clean. The staff were nice and accomodating. The check in time indicated in the website is 3 p.m. but they allowed us to check in at 11:00 a.m.
The breakfast is filling. I can't complain. I Just feel sorry for those peope who didn't have a good experience in this hotel because we had a comfortable stay. ' Will stay here again.....

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Cramos6269
Reviewed July 11, 2007

we stayed at this hotel in the past and had a so/so stay. not sure why we tried them again... just tired i guess.
we were charged 169.00 for a standard room. our room was to be non smoking but the pillows smelled of smoke. we requested extra pillow that never arrived and were kept up most of the night with noise upstairs. there is no noise control in the building and our neighbors sounded like elephants.
we were treated rude by the manager (she was the worst) and felt the prepackaged rolls and discount cereal they provided for "full breakfast" was not adaquate.
i did notice they served free alchol in the front desk area from 4 to 7 pm...... could this be why we paid $169.00 for our room???
we dont drink...
save your sanity and stay elsewhere

Stayed: July 2007
4  Thank pferreira
Reviewed October 28, 2006

Since I come here alot, the hotel has gone through alot of renovations. All of the rooms are newly remodeled. They have a Presidential Suite with Jacuzzi, they have 1 Queen bed Executive suites with balconies or Patios, they also have King Business Plus, Ideal for the business client who want spacious room. They service I recieve from them is superb. Great rates and best accomodations. Thanks

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank devildog4life2
Reviewed September 7, 2006

I travel a lot and have stayed in many hotels and this by far rates at the bottom of my list. When I entered the room there was a strong smell of urine. I went down to the desk and complained, the desk manager said quote," unfortunately we are full and cannot offer you another room. " Since the members of my company were staying there as well I had no other alternative. As I checked out in the morning, I complained again to another clerk he said," we just had a movie crew in here and we did not wash the bathroom floor." I said I thought you cleaned the floor every day his answer was no, only once a month. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business