“Clean and Friendly”

Best Western Plus Placerville Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for the past month for business. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My schedule changes from week to week and June has been there every step of the way to ensure that I have a place to stay. Happy is there in the evening when I check in and she greets me with a smile and then checks on me to make sure that the room is good. I have enjoyed my stay so if you are looking for a clean room and friendly staff, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Jared,

Thank you for your review of your recent stays with us here at the Best Western Placerville Inn. June and Happy are great assets to the hotel and I have shared your comments with them in regard to their customer service and they thank you for your kind words. If we can be of any more assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Best Western at Placerville was an excellent place for a four night stay while showing our cars and touring the gold rush country. There were good accommodations, a great breakfast and friendly service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Luetner,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding you recent stay with us and the Chrysler 300 club. I have shared your comments with my staff and we are very pleased that you had a wonderful stay. When booking your next hotel stay or group meeting in the Placerville area, we hope that you chose us so we can deliver our excellent customer service again. Once again, thank you for staying at the Best Western Placerville Inn and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Overall my experience was superior to my expectations, because some of the reviews I had read left me thinking I could do better. I found these reviews to be mostly irrelevent, although there were a few minor things that could have been better - fresh towels were not delivered one day; the free breakfast grew boring and could have used some diversity; the cleaning staff left my door unlocked several days in a row although I had brought it to Terry's attention at the front desk. My refrigerator was noisy too, as others have noted, but I got used to it. During the 13 days I was there, there was plenty of hot water but the water pressure in the shower was less than adequate. All in all, though, my stay there was pleasent. Not 5 star, but I would stay there again.

Room Tip: When I asked Terry the manager for a nice room at check-in, he responded "All the rooms are nic...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Max,

I want to thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I do want to apologize for any problems that you did enconter while staying with us and we are working to ensure that these issues do not arise again. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hisitate to let me know. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The rates are reasonable and the rooms are clean. The location was convenient for my purposes (training at the nearby fairgrounds). The microwave and fridge are useful - and needed because the breakfast is lousy. Waffles looked good (I did not have one), but there was little else to choose from and the eggs were not cooked enough or hot enough. You can hear some traffic noise, but it is not severe. Overall, the Best Western served its purpose and the customer service was decent enough, but nothing outstanding about this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review of our hotel and we appreciate your business. I do want to apologize for any problems that you did encounter while staying with us and we hope you give us another chance to give you a more satisfying stay. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Sicnerely

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Take these 3 and 2 star ratings with a grain of salt, I was a bit leary when I saw them as well. But I'm beginning to see a pattern here, you may as well. To get to MY review. This place is a hundred times better than any other place in town considering what I experienced last time at the Cary House (people screaming in the middle of the night and no security on duty to intervene?!). The room was huge, immaculate and the TV was definitely flat screen (hello? what are they talking about?). My room had a fridge, microwave and MINI BAR! In addition to a table and chairs, upholstered chair with ottoman, and large chest of drawers with marble top,. The room was light and bright, the bed big and comfortable, covered with high quality linens and pillows and the bathroom had two sinks and was separated from the bedroom area and had a separate dressing area with closet. The location is set way away from the freeway and quiet (much quieter than the Cary House-which is across the street from a rowdy bar). I got a parking spot very near my room which was an easy walk to the second floor and the breakfast included eggs, pancakes and sausage. The location is close to grocery stores and a TJ Maxx, along with a nice Mexican restaurant which is across the parking lot. Granted, it is not within walking distance of the downtown, but with all this, I will drive the five minutes and use the ample free parking that is available

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ariana b

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Our entire staff works hard to make sure all of our guest' enjoy their stay, and its comments like yours that makes all our hard work worth it. Thank you again and we hope to see you the next time you’re in town on business.

Sincerely

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I've stayed here several times before, but first review of the hotel. Bed was comfortable and looked nice and clean. Hotel looks good. Outside looks alright. Check in was quick and Laura was nice, cheerful and very helpful. On my previous stays, front desk staff has always been nice. Had issues with the fridge and Laura had maintenance at my room not long after. Room was clean, as was the bathroom. Room had as I mentioned earlier, a fridge and microwave. Flat screen was nice, decent amount of channels. The bed was comfortable for me. My personal gripe with the room, it had a strong Oder of smoke which Dissipated over time. Not cool, but I dealt with it. I'm sure if I would have asked I could have gotten another room but I was tired and just wanted to eat my dinner and settle in for the night. The bathroom also had a slight scent of old wet rags but not Overwhelming enough to complain about it. Maybe mopping with cleaner water and pine oil will help....? Room was very spacious. Since most of my ratings at all hotels I stay at, are through and for work, this hotel is no exception to my usual complaint...... WiFi. I was in room 340 and reception was pretty Atrocious. I couldn't get reception in 3/4 of the room. I had to be close to the front door or bathroom to get good reception. You get a great signal in the hall way. Went for a walk on the treadmill they have and its a little old, could use an upgrade. Gym a little small, but I'm sure many of the people who stay here aren't staying here because of it. The weight gym set they have is solid. They have a laundry which is great. Machines look new. The hotel is Close to highway, so thats a plus. Plenty of parking. I'm not a breakfast person so I didn't have anything this time or on previous stays, but it looks ok. Since I travel for work and the people I work for pay for my stays, it's difficult to know if the price is right or not. No problems with noise on this or previous stays. Definitely a solid place to get some rest while enjoying or doing business in the area.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jesse S
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the issues you encountered while staying with us. We are looking into the issues you had and are working to make improvements in these areas. I do hope that when you are in the placerville area you choose to give us another chance, and if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know. Once again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I grew up in the area but the first time I stayed at Placerville Inn. It was a great stay. Clean, comfortable rooms and a great staff. We were there for three nights and used all facilities. Top notch on all accounts.

• Stayed: March 2013
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments and are happy to see that you had a very satisfying stay while being with us. We hope to see you in the future. And if there is anything I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Once again, thank you for your review and business.

Sincerely

Terry Brown

Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Historic Cary House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Placerville
13 mi away
Holiday Inn Express El Dorado Hills Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Folsom

Been to Best Western Plus Placerville Inn? Share your experiences!