“Here we go again.....”

Best Western Plus Placerville Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I've stayed here several times before, but first review of the hotel. Bed was comfortable and looked nice and clean. Hotel looks good. Outside looks alright. Check in was quick and Laura was nice, cheerful and very helpful. On my previous stays, front desk staff has always been nice. Had issues with the fridge and Laura had maintenance at my room not long after. Room was clean, as was the bathroom. Room had as I mentioned earlier, a fridge and microwave. Flat screen was nice, decent amount of channels. The bed was comfortable for me. My personal gripe with the room, it had a strong Oder of smoke which Dissipated over time. Not cool, but I dealt with it. I'm sure if I would have asked I could have gotten another room but I was tired and just wanted to eat my dinner and settle in for the night. The bathroom also had a slight scent of old wet rags but not Overwhelming enough to complain about it. Maybe mopping with cleaner water and pine oil will help....? Room was very spacious. Since most of my ratings at all hotels I stay at, are through and for work, this hotel is no exception to my usual complaint...... WiFi. I was in room 340 and reception was pretty Atrocious. I couldn't get reception in 3/4 of the room. I had to be close to the front door or bathroom to get good reception. You get a great signal in the hall way. Went for a walk on the treadmill they have and its a little old, could use an upgrade. Gym a little small, but I'm sure many of the people who stay here aren't staying here because of it. The weight gym set they have is solid. They have a laundry which is great. Machines look new. The hotel is Close to highway, so thats a plus. Plenty of parking. I'm not a breakfast person so I didn't have anything this time or on previous stays, but it looks ok. Since I travel for work and the people I work for pay for my stays, it's difficult to know if the price is right or not. No problems with noise on this or previous stays. Definitely a solid place to get some rest while enjoying or doing business in the area.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jesse S
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the issues you encountered while staying with us. We are looking into the issues you had and are working to make improvements in these areas. I do hope that when you are in the placerville area you choose to give us another chance, and if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know. Once again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Placerville Inn

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I grew up in the area but the first time I stayed at Placerville Inn. It was a great stay. Clean, comfortable rooms and a great staff. We were there for three nights and used all facilities. Top notch on all accounts.

• Stayed: March 2013
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments and are happy to see that you had a very satisfying stay while being with us. We hope to see you in the future. And if there is anything I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Once again, thank you for your review and business.

Sincerely

Reviewed March 19, 2013

A large, clean, and nicely furnished room greeted me. The beds were comfortable and the ac did it's job.

The lobby is pleasant with a nice fireplace and the sunroom hosted the free breakfast. They had batter and waffle irons to make your own fresh waffles! Great idea!

Check In was fast and all staff are very good at their jobs.

I don't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are really focusing on customer service. Its great to get guest feedback, and hear that it is working.
Thank you again on behalf of the entire staff we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The hotel did not seam very clean and there was an odor in the interior of the buildings. The work out room was dirty, had no air circulation and the equipment was very outdated. I was suprised that there was no elevator and that luggage had to be carried up multiple levels of stairs. If I have a business trip in Placerville again, I will most likely not select this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I do have to apologize for not exceeding your expatiations. I have brought your complaints to my staff’s attention, and we are working to resolve some of your issues. I do apologize again and hope you might give us another chance in the future. If there is anything that I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were heading to Red Hawk Casino and needed a place to sleep. This was a great location, just 6 miles down the freeway from the casino. My only complaint with it was when we made our reservation on-line we didn't know that there were 3 floors in part of the hotel and no elevator. I can walk up & down stairs, but with difficulty. If I had known ahead of time, I would have requested a ground level room.
The other problem was that there was only one light blanket on the bed and there wasn't an extra blanket in the closet.
Because we checked in later in the evening & I was tired from the trip, we dsidn't go back to the front desk & request another room. As for the blanket, at 2am, I am not going to get dressed and wait for Housekeeping to bring me an extra blanket. I feel that there should have been an extra blanket in the closet. Especially since it was February, and the city is in the foot-hills and it gets COLD at night..

Room Tip: If you use more then one blanket at home, then request an extra blanket in your room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 530-622-9100.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This BW is a good value for staying close to Lake Tahoe. The breakfast was a welcome start to our day, but the room heater was *loud* and constantly cycled on and off, so we didn't get the rest we needed the night before our active day.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I wanted to take the time to apologize for you not gettting the needed rest you required while staying with us. I have shared your comments with my staff and we are looking in to the problem with the air conditioning unit. I hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again and I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with excellent customer service. We hope to see you again soon, and if I can be of any further assistance, pelase do not heistate to let me know.

Thank you for your business and take care.

Sincerely

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way to the Monterey Peninsula. They have updated the tube TV to LCD. We were really glad since it was Super Bowl Sunday and it is nice to have a good TV, but a LCD HDTV needs a high definition subscription to be clear...the new TV is fuzzy...this is not the first motel that we have seen this.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Retired12-31-06
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. We are preparing to upgrade to a high definition signal for our new televisions that we just recently received, and will be adding more channels to our lineup also. We hope to see you again soon when you are in the placerville area, and if there is anything that I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you for your business, and we hope to see you again.

Best Western Plus Placerville Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Historic Cary House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express El Dorado Hills Hotel
Best Western Stagecoach Inn
Best Western Stagecoach Inn
#1 of 2 in Pollock Pines

Been to Best Western Plus Placerville Inn? Share your experiences!