“Decent Stay”

Best Western Plus Placerville Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here in October for a music festival that was in town. Not knowing much about Placerville or the area, this hotel offered a good location near the concert site. The hotel itself is basic - small lobby, small eating area with ok breakfast (included in rate), swimming pool, and wifi. Our room was fine, though a bit dirty upon check-in (some sort of foreign crumb-like stuff on the table).

Most importantly, it is just off of the highway so it easy to ocme and go. Down the street is a shopping area with supermarket and fast-food restaurant chains.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nershi
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 530-622-9100.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your business.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We booked this hotel for the Thanksgiving break. Based on the recent positive reviews, I thought we should be in for a pleasant stay. Unfortunately, that was not the case. First, based on other Best Westerns, this was not the cleanest Best Western. The carpet in the room that we were given was full of spots. The sheets looked alittle dingy. The window in the room had no screen which for a third floor room could be a potential problem for families with small children. We were in a room facing the Missouri Flats road and heard traffice all night long. The pillows and bed were not at all comfortable. And the TV was old with poor cable reception. Also, keep in mind that this is a pet friendly hotel and, as it advertises, with no restrictions. We saw a man in the hallway with three middle size dogs! Finally, as we looked over the bill we notice that this hotel charges $1 for the unused SAFE in the room! Never had a SAFE charge before. Crazy!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 530-622-9100.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Okay, so I booked this motel thinking it was a different one than the one I'd stayed at two (horrible) times before and was somewhat pleasantly surprised. They'd updated the rooms so they were more modern, with ALL things working this time -- including the mini refrig, microwave, TV with HBO and all lights! A real upgrade from what I experienced before. The bed was comfortable. The included breakfast wasn't outstanding, but it was generous. I might actually stay here in the future on purpose! The one "bad" point was that they put a couple "girls" next to us who were probably having a girls' weekend, and they giggled through much of the night. I finally knocked on the "connecting" door at 12:30 a.m. and asked them to tone it down -- which they did.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose a room on the top floor -- the walls (and ceilings) are thin. And if possible...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. It was our pleasure to have the opportunity to give you a more enjoyable stay this time. We are also continuing to make more improvements to the property and we hope that when you are in the Placerville area you will stay with us again. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

On the way up from Santa Barbara my friend read some of the reviews. Many were critical and we considered staying elsewhere. We were more than pleansantly surprised with the customer service of your staff...even when we managed to lock ourselves out of our 2nd floor room. The night staff got us back in the room and we all had a good chuckle. We generally do not eat breakfast but helped ourselves to hot sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, bagels and juice. The Red Hawk shuttle was an extra surprise. The setting is beautiful. The room was quiet even with folks enjoying the pool & spa at night. I would definately return to the Placerville Best Western. Hopefully Kenny, Roberta and the rest of your great staff will still be on duty!!!
Susanne F

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. I am very pleased that the experience you had while staying with us was a good one. I have shared your comments with my staff and they thank you for your kind words. When you come back to the Placerville area, we will be pleased to serve you again. If there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I went to Placerville, CA to try our luck at the Red Hawk Casino. As we did not make a reservation somewhere to spend the night prior to arriving in Placerville, we decided we would take a drive to see what was available. Just a short 3 miles from the Casino we found the Best Western Plus Placerville Inn. We advised the front desk person we did not have a reservation but were looking for a room for one night. Luckily there was one available, and the price was affordable.

We were in a non-smoking room with a king size bed. We found the room to be quite spacious. Amenities included a microwave, small refrigerator, iron, ironing board, in-room safe, free internet, t.v. with HBO and pay-per-view movie stations as well some local stations. The bed was firm provided a good-night's sleep. It was made with what appeared to be lightweight covers, but we found them heavy enough to provide us with enough warmth through the night. The bathroom was medium-large in size with a smaller dressing area right outside of it. The two bathroom sinks, however, we noticed seemed to have a small problem with drainage, but otherwise worked fine. Each area had large dressing mirrors with bright lights, and there was sufficient space to bath and dress.

The following morning a Continental Breakfast was offered between 7am and 10am that was included with the room. My husband and I both found the food appetizing. Besides the eggs and sausage offered, there was oat meal, breakfast muffins of assorted kinds, fruit, and plenty of coffee. We both had enough to eat to tide us over until we stopped for lunch on our way home.

The only thing that we experienced wrong was the soda vending machine down the hall from our room didn't work properly and "ate" the $2 my husband had inserted when he wanted a soda. Otherwise we would recommend the BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn in Placerville, CA. to any traveler heading to Northern California or the Placerville vicinity, and the next time we plan a trip to gamble at the Red Hawk Casino in Placerville, CA we intend to make our overnight reservation there.

Room Tip: If traveling on a Friday be sure to make your reservation ahead as we were told Fridays are very bus...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and the rest of the TripAdvisor community. Your feedback is highly appreciated and we are very happy that you enjoyed you experience while staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future. If there is anything that I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed here two nights on our road trip to the states from BC. It was a great time, good rooms and helpful staff. We wished we had been able to stay longer and tour the wineries. The pool was good but cold so we enjoyed the hot tub which was spotless. We would recommend this hotel to anyone as it is a good location to Lake Tahoe and the weather is usually great around there!

Room Tip: The ground level or pool side rooms are great,
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Best Western Plus Placerville Inn. I am happy that you enjoyed the amenaties that we have to offer and I hope next time you can enjoy the wineries here in the area. Some of the wineries here are very good and I am sure that you would be amazed of the award winning wines you would taste, some of the best in the state. We hope to see you again soon, and if there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Wonderful location, set in the hills. good restaurants-both fast food and sit down close by, Wal-Mart around the corner if you forgot anything. Rooms are clean, beds were great, carpets need a good cleaning.....I felt better leaving shoes on. Avoid the front desk personnel named 'Happy', she does not live up to her name, not helpful at all. We left and checked in later when the front desk staff changed. The rest of the staff was excellent!

Room Tip: There are rooms with patios. and rooms with patios that open to the pool if you have kids, or like t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

On behalf of our team I would like to thank you for your comments here on trip advisor. It is great to have feedback such as yours to allow us to know how we are doing and where we can improve our service. When you are in the Placerville area again, I hope to have you stay with us again so we can provide you with excellent customer service.

Terry Brown

Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Historic Cary House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Placerville
13 mi away
Holiday Inn Express El Dorado Hills Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Folsom

Been to Best Western Plus Placerville Inn? Share your experiences!