“This is the worst best western on the planet!”

Best Western Plus Placerville Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was the worst best western I have ever stayed in. First thing is they charged my wife's credit card for two nights which then caused her account to be overdrawn which caused a $30 NSF fee that they refused to credit back. As we were on our honey moon we stayed at four different best westerns on our trip. All of them except this one had a complimentary bottle of champagne in our room along with a card signed by their employees. This one charged us $28 for a bottle on our wedding night. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Jmck23
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 530-622-9100.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Placerville Inn

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Literally one of the most amazing experiences I had at any Best Western I've been to. The cleanliness and upgraded rooms were definitely above average and unexpected. The Manager that was there took care of my check-in and check-out flawlessly without any hassle. I went to Placerville for some white-water rafting and the front desk clerk directed me to right place to enjoy my time in Gold Country. The rooms were very spacious for all four of us! Solid Solid Stay.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that the second floor is the ground floor when you're booking. There is a floor abo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 01SKS01
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 530-622-9100.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Must be the friendliest staff we've experienced in a long while. Check-in was easy and welcoming. Our room was very spacious with mini fridge and microwave. The bathroom has a very handy set-up with a sink in the bathroom and another sink/vanity outside the bathroom which made tings easier when my husband and I were rushing around to clean up before going out. Bed was comfortable and had a good night sleep. The breakfast was similar to many BW breakfasts. Plenty of choices: waffles, muffins, bagels, cereals, eggs and bacon etc if you are into that. I personally prefer fresh fruit and yogurt or plain oatmeal which are often found at other BW but not here. Most people would be content with the offerings that were available, however. Easy access off Hwy 50 and just a couple miles from the charming city of Placerville and many nearby wineries. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: no elevator to upper floor so if that is a problem make sure you let them know ahead of time to get...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CaMmmtravel

Thank you for reviewing our hotel regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

It was just OK. Nothing special. I called ahead to get two rooms near each other because we were traveling with my grandparents, and the clerk assured me everything was taken care of. When we showed up at 11 p.m., the rooms couldn't have been farther apart, and my grandparent's room was upstairs in a hotel that had no elevator. When I checked out, the clerk even commented on how strange it was that the rooms were nowhere near each other.
The room was mostly clean. The property is a bit outdated, especially with worn carpets in the hallways.
The television in one of the rooms did not work at all at first, and I eventually managed to get one channel out of it.
The breakfast was OK -- powdered eggs/microwave bacon/waffles/cereal/packaged muffins and bagels.
Like I said, nothing special. And definitely not worthy of a three-star rating. 2.5 would be better.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank elooper
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you for your comments your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is the BEST Best Western! We were welcomed with enthusiasm and genuine smiles even though they were very busy. When our hotel room door stuck, the service man was there in moments to diagnose the sticking. A few minutes later, the desk clerk called us to see if everything was okay! We have traveled the world and had some experiences in 5 star hotels that were never tended to or resolved...and here, right in Placerville, we receive 5 star service at an unexpected place! A total pleasure, and I told the General Manager how great the service was!

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are great for kids
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank claygourmet
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. It is such a pleasure to hear that we could make you experience here a good one. We hope to see you again when you are in the Placerville area and we thank you for your business. If there is anything else that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My 12 year old and I stayed here one night on our summer roadtrip. The hotel is right off US 50, but we heard no traffic noise. Beds were comfy and there was easy wifi access, which made my boy happy. The room was very clean. The breakfast selection was plentiful, with waffles, cereal, etc. and even scrambled eggs. There are tables in the lobby (Faux News on - ugh) or atrium, looking out by the flower-surrounded pool (nice!). I highly recommend the Mexican restaurant next door. The staff was very friendly and the food was great. Big margaritas for the road-weary!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank steftree
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. It is words such as yours that motivate us to keep delivering superior customer service. We hope to see you again when you are in the Placerville area. Once again thank you for your kind comments and staying with us.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed there to attend my niece's wedding at a nearby winery. The staff was wonderful, very friendly, attentive, helped by printing out the directions to the winery.
The rooms were large, very comfortable beds, good amenities in the room. Unfortunately the insulation between floors was not good and we could hear people over head walking back and forth. We could not take a second floor room as stairs were required ( I had my mother with me ).
The breakfast options were plentiful, quality just average.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jl-ontheroadagain
terrybrown78, General Manager at Best Western Plus Placerville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Historic Cary House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express El Dorado Hills Hotel
Best Western Stagecoach Inn
Best Western Stagecoach Inn
#1 of 2 in Pollock Pines

Been to Best Western Plus Placerville Inn? Share your experiences!