National 9 Inn(Placerville)(Great Value!)
$72
$64
Historic Cary House Hotel(Placerville)(Great Value!)
$119
$101
$147
Gold Country Inn(Placerville)
$79
Mother Lode Motel(Placerville)
$74
$249
Motel 6 Cameron Park(Cameron Park)
$78
$72
Eden Vale Inn(Placerville)
All reviewsred hawk casinothe breakfast areathe mexican restaurantapple hilllake tahoemake your own wafflesgold countrycasa ramosfree breakfastgreat place to staypleasant stayflat screen tvrooms are spaciousyogurtchecking inwould stay here againbw
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Placerville recently, and while there is nothing glaringly bad about the inn, it is beginning to show signs of wear. We opted for the king suite for the extra room and were pleased with the size of the room. The room was spacious, had a small refrigerator and microwave. It also had the flat screen TV and wi-fi internet. The king bed was comfortable, but the linens, though clean (at least we hope) are getting worn. Although the room was fairly clean, the bathrooms could use a good cleaning along with a good scrubbing of the tile floors. The included breakfast is nothing special and not up to par with most that are offered these days. It has the ubiquitous waffles, but the bagels and sweet rolls are packaged. There are hard-cooked eggs and cereals, as well as coffee and juices.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank deepsee1
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My friend was getting married in Placerville, so I stayed at the Best Western and it was fine for what it is and the price. The check in is at 3 pm and check out is at 11 am.

In the lobby, there is free USA today newspaper, coffee and computer. Right off the lobby is the breakfast room which is free from 6-9 am M-F and 7-10 am Sat-Sun. And the pool is situated off the breakfast room. Apparently, there is a fitness room and the meeting rooms are across the driveway from the lobby.

My room was on the 3rd floor (lobby on the 2nd) and there is no elevator. Having a large suitcase and carrying a tote bag, purse, hanging clothes and sodas, it was a hassle to get everything up the stairs to the room. Vending machines and ice in the hall.

The room was large with king bed, desk, TV. Also, I appreciated the microwave, mini refrigerator and coffee maker. There was also a "fireplace" heater, which would have been nice, but it didn't work. Ironing board, free internet and in room safe.

Upon first encounter with the bed, I was not impressed. But when I ended going to sleep, it was comfortable and the linens were decent. It was cold and there were no additional blankets in the room. In the morning, I turned on the heater, which was a wall unit and it seemed to work ok.

The bathroom was very basic and the towels were not large, but relatively plush. There was a problem with the toilet, but I was leaving so just let it be.

Casa Ramos, seemingly nice Mexican restaurant with extensive menu is next door and across the freeway is Safeway grocery store. The hotel is conveniently located just off the freeway exit. Pizza Factory delivers. From what I understand, this is the only choice in Placerville and it was a basic accommodation that worked for my needs.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank SusieJue
Reviewed April 13, 2011

We stayed at the BW placerville with a large group last weekend. I was mildly concerned when I read the reviews a the time I made the reservations. Since our event planner selected the BW Placerville for our group we went along with the program with the thought of making the best of whatever we found on arrival. Our first impression far exceeded expectations. One must realize that BW is not a Four Star rated hotel but I must comment that we were treated as if it were. The check in staff was courteous and friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, the cleaning staff were accommodating to our needs, and the complimentary breakfast was very decent.

My take is that many of the comments are outdated as far back as 2005 and the facility has gone through numerous upgrades in recent years. No hotel is always perfect but we found BW Placerville to be better represented in person than what was in the reviews. Perhaps some just like to complain and do, and others just do not take the time to say thanks to those people who work hard to make your stay pleasant.

Thanks!!

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank 2nonametravelers
Reviewed January 31, 2011

The hotel was old but that was not the problem. The bed was the hardest matteress we had ever tried to sleep on. The room was very large and clean and well appointed with frig. and microwave, which is a huge plus for us. They serve a limited but nice continental breakfast. If they would improve thier matteresses it would of been a nice stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Our door wouldn't open, maybe that should have been a sign. Seriously, the maid came by and said, "we hate this room, you can never get in, it should really be fixed" It would take us 5-15 tries to get into our room. Let me just make a list:
There were no blankets in the room and it was winter- rain and cold
The heater didn't work
The shower vent didn't come on
No hot water, low water pressure
A spider came in our room, killed it
SMOKE SMELL EVERYWHERE

But- on the plus side, the towels looked clean, so did the sheets, and at breakfast they had waffles. AND- THIS IS THE ONLY HOTEL IN PLACERVILLE.

So. Your choice.