“If you're looking for a good time, look no further than the Nat-9.”
Review of National 9 Inn

National 9 Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
Sacramento
“If you're looking for a good time, look no further than the Nat-9.”
Reviewed May 18, 2009

The National 9 Inn was a bit of a gamble, as I booked my stay with no prior knowledge. Expectations are low with any $50/night hotel, but my risk was rewarded with a great hotel experience. I called the front desk about two hours before checking in with a small, yet bizarre request for my room. Mash at the front desk could not acquiesce my original request to have a cot set up with my female friend's name on it. He owever volunteered to do any other idea I might have. We settled on having a blanket and a pillow on the floor with her name on an index card placed on the pillow. She loved it and it became a great start to a wonderful evening. I would suggest anyone traveling to Placerville give the Nat-9 your business, and say hi to Mash for me when you do.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
south point oh
Reviewed April 10, 2009

We always stay here when we are in Cali visiting family. We stayed our 1st 2 nights at a "name brand" hotel in Cameron Park and were completely unsatisfied so we decided to return to Ole Faithful.....We are always pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms, the attitude of the staff and the affordability of the hotel. We have never had a problem when visiting this property. I think the other hotels in this area should mimic the attitude and over all atmosphere of this property.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank chspmanager
California
Reviewed March 30, 2009

I have to react to an earlier review: this motel is not in a bad area. Far from it. True it's not in a new part of town, it's a mature building surrounded by older buidings. Not new doesn't mean bad.

Management is super, room is great for the price. Real convenient location. Really hot water, good linens. Rooms are budget, its not the Ritz, just great bang for the buck.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Los Gatos, CA
Reviewed February 8, 2009

We have stayed here before and reviewed this property before. I had gotten to know the previous managers, you never know how a set of new managers may turn out. This last trip I was wondering how it would be, I had liked the atomsphere and staff before. Turns out Kim and her husband Mash who took over are very nice. They are keeping up the property and updating rooms. I see in previous reviews some comment about the area being run down. I am not sure what people expect in Placerville, but Placerville is not a 5 star resort area. I personally like the area the hotel is in, not in the center of town (but wow center is 3 minutes away). I haven not seen any "seedy" types aroudn at all. Anyway, the beds are still very comfortable. Rooms are nice, nicer that another big chain hotel that is in Placerville. Have not ever had any problem with noise from the road, or other hotel guests. We always take a walk in the evenings and also do so here without any worries about the "area". This last trip the kids wanted to bring grandmother and grandfather along, so they joined us on this trip and had a good time. They liked this room better than the last time they came up (they had stay ed in a different "name brand" hotel). We us this hotel as a base for us exploring the Apple Hill area and will continue to so. I wish them continued success.

• Liked — Close to where I want my base to be, personally I think the best overall hoteland value in Placerville area
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 21, 2008

We stayed at the National 9 Inn after reading the good reviews on this website. What should be mentioned though, is that it isn't exactly located the nicest area.

When we arrived hobo's were standing in the dumpster looking for cans (the recycling unit is behind the hotel) and some guys used the front of our room to sit in the sun and drink beers. Hmmm...

The strip mall next door is targeted at small budgets and looked like it's seen better days; not unlike most of this area.

On the other hand, the room itself was proper and more than okay. The beds were comfortable, everything was clean, the staff was pleasant and the A/C was working.

So, once you close the door you'll find a really decent motel room for a not so high price in a town you might want to skip unless you really need to stay there.

• Liked — comfy room, clean, pleasant staff
  • Disliked — the area
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Vanessa B
03JETTA, manager at National 9 Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2008
First off i would like to state that the hotel is located on the quiet end of town towards the residential area. We have never had an issue with theft or vandalism on our property. Due to the current economic problems, poverty is increasing in Placerville. The homeless in this town are very harmless and do not pose as a threat to any of our customers. Their pure motive is to go from business to business in town looking for empty cans and bottles for recycling to earn money. As for the so called " guys" in front of the room, they were also paying customers of the hotel. They were enjoying their beverages outside of their own rooms without causing a nuisance to other guests. We take pride in the safety and cleanliness here. If ever we feel that either one of these issues are at jeopardy, we will address the matter immediately.
calif
Reviewed September 16, 2008

Booked this directly by telephone with the motel, as 3 travel websites wanted $105.00 per room then said no rooms were available. I got a double room, for 3 people, for $74.00. The free wireless internet was a bonus. This place reminds me of the old mom&pop motels where they treated their customers like friends. I knew the travel sites had to mark the price up, but I never realized what a rip off they were. When I arrived there were at least 10 rooms available. So much for the travel sites. Our favorite restaurant in the gold country, Jeds, is in the strip mall next door. I can't believe nobody else has commented on Jeds, it's not the cheapest place around but it's certainly the best.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vicenza
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Arrived in Placercville on a 1 night stop during a trip in north california. It is an indipendent motel, so I was a little bit worried (due to past experience in other small towns). It is a typical motel style, but it is very clean and staff (maybe the owners) are very very kind. I payed a very good rate of 55 $ tax included
I suggest this motel!!!

• Liked — clean
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Best Western Plus Placerville Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Folsom
Westhaven Inn
Westhaven Inn
#2 of 2 in Pollock Pines

Been to National 9 Inn? Share your experiences!