“Home Away From Home”

GlenMorey Country House
Ranked #3 of 7 Placerville B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 5, 2010

I stumbled upon Glen Morey Country House as a last minute decision to stay in Placerville recently. I did not want to stay in a hotel and needed to be close to downtown.
They had a room available and I am so lucky that they did!
The place and grounds are gorgeous, so quiet and really quite roomy and private for a Bed and Breakfast. All rooms were full but I did not feel cramped or crowded by the other guests.
My room was darling and spotless. I am sure I had the best bathroom with the claw foot tub at the place.
The owners, Tom and Alison, are so charming and forthcoming with anything you need. Tom made the finest breakfasts every morning for a crowded house or just me. The Apple Pecan French Toast is the finest in all the land.
I had an extended stay as that week my daughter was due with her first child and I wanted to be close by (walking distance from her home!).
It was awesome to get back to my room each eve after a busy day with my daughter.
I would recommend this place to everyone I know.
The best.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank vagabondgirl007

Reviewed February 14, 2010

...even for a lonesome traveller from old europe. The tip for the Sequoia restaurant (made by Tom, the host) was great (best dinner during my travel). Yes, the house is old, but exactly that is charming.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank der_eisvogel
Reviewed February 2, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the first time on our first mini break together. I have some roots in the Gold Country, and I wanted to share it with my boyfriend. I picked Glen Morey because it was such a great value (even for the off season), and because I loved what I saw on the website. (My partner is from the UK, and I knew He'd love the Scottish roots.)

It was spot on! Glen Morey was exactly what I hoped for! An amazing historic house, with antiques, and friendly service, and a lovely breakfast. Tom and Allison where very hospitable and personable. Really great people. I would recommend Glen Morey to my friends and family.(In fact, I have!) We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CmHanson
Reviewed November 4, 2009

The GlenMorey House is a terrific place. My husband, and another couple stayed there (thankfully) for the Placerville Art and Wine show. We were lucky enough to get a Saturday night stay, thanks Allison! It is just a short walk to Main Street Placerville where the art and wine show takes place every year. Tom made the best scrambled eggs I think I have ever had and the apple, pecan french toast was delicious as well. The only minor complaint I have was the squeeky bed! We stayed in the St Andrews room and it was very nice and homey, I loved the bathtub. What a terrific find! We had a great time, wish we could have stayed longer. Hopefully (fingers crossed) we will be able to stay there again next year. Thanks again Allison and Tom!

1  Thank wildflower5150
Reviewed October 29, 2009

My husband I wanted a quiet place to stay where we could relax and be catered to. We were pleasantly surprised by how wonderful this B&B was. The owners are gracious, the home is beautiful and the breakfast was unreal!

1  Thank amymama
Reviewed October 28, 2009

This is truly a gem and a must stay. Tom and Allison are great host. The Glenmorey is a beautiful building and charming get away for romance or time with the family. Each room is unique and the house location is terrific. It is on a hill overlooking downtown Placerville. The breakfast was terrific. Thank you for a wonderful stay! I am already recommending your bed and breakfast to many friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2009

We stayed in the St. Andrews room. Very lovely room. I recommand they update the mattress. I have a back issue, and this mattress is very uncomfortable. Every time you move the springs are so loud it wakes you up. I think updating the mattress is going to make a pleasant stay for all the guests. The breakfast and everything else was great.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
Historic Cary House Hotel
Historic Cary House Hotel
#1 of 5 in Placerville
Best Western Plus Placerville Inn
Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast Inc.
Eden Vale Inn
#1 of 2 in Pollock Pines
Coloma Spring Suites
Coloma Spring Suites
#1 of 1 in Placerville

Been to GlenMorey Country House? Share your experiences!