“Excellent Eats”
Review of Zachary Jacques Restaurant - CLOSED

Zachary Jacques Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2010

My wife and I went with friends to Zachary Jacques and everything was superb! I started with a Caesar salad. The dressing was excellent as was the fresh quality of the romaine lettuce. This was followed by a rib eye steak that was served with baby green beans and the best scalloped potatoes I have ever had. The flavor was amazing! For dessert I had the lemon tart which was excellent ! We had gone for the early dinner which was $17.95 per person, and it was well worth it. The portions were perfect and we left with smiles on our faces and definite plans to return! I have to make a comment about the review dated 5-20-2010 giving the restaurant only 2 stars. That reviewer was in our group the evening we had dinner. That individual didn't really want to be there although that person committed to the reservation then tried to back out. The individual also indicated that a rough day at work made the individual not want to be there, and grumpy. So - my thoughts to that individual is to not commit to reservations, stay home next time or go to McDonalds, Acting like a 9 year old at a very nice restaurant????????? Anyway, we plan on going back!

Reviewed June 16, 2010

My husband and I went with friends to Zachary Jacques and I have to say that everything was superb! We started with a Caesar salad. The dressing was excellent as was the fresh quality of the romaine lettuce. This was followed by a rib eye steak that was served with baby green beans and the best scalloped potatoes I have ever had. The flavor was amazing! For dessert I had the St. Honore which was a taste of heaven! My husband had the lemon tart which was equally as good! We had gone for the early dinner which was $17.95 per person, and it was well worth it. The portions were perfect and we left with smiles on our faces and definite plans to return!

Reviewed June 15, 2010

Love Zachary Jacques! Our first experience was a couple years ago while visiting friends who live in Auburn. Now eating there is a routine stop on our visits to No Cal. Great atmosphere and love the new updates. The service is always friendly, they remember & welcome us back. The food preparation & presentation is 5 Star. The menu takes advantage of seasonal & local produce, which results in new & temping creations each time. We've enjoyed the Salmon Croute, Filet, Braised Short Ribs & Double Pork Chop. But by far we love the St. Honore for desert and we call ahead to reserve a piece(s). We travel to Paris twice a year & Zachary Jacques is like a little piece of France almost in our backyard.

Reviewed June 15, 2010

We haven't been to Zachary Jacques in about a year and were so impressed with the changes they have made. The menu and prices are very affordable. They offer a 3 course dinner for $25. My favorite starter is the Ginger Lime Prawns. I can't wait to go back. We definetly won't wait that long to return. Looking forward to our next visit

Reviewed June 14, 2010

We eat at this restaurtant when every we eat out. The fixed price portion of the menu allows you to have an appetizer, main course, and dessert for $25 a person. One of our friends we usually go with doesn't eat dessert, so they allow her to switch to a salad for that portion of the fixed price menu at no additional charge. The wine list features both fantastic local and international wines. We usually get the same waitress and she never rushs and always allow us to eat at our own pace so we can throughly enjoy the outstanding food and catching up with our friends.

1  Thank Keyker