“Zachary Jacques is good, but not great.”
Review of Zachary Jacques Restaurant - CLOSED

Zachary Jacques Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2008

Zachary Jacques is good, but not great, food. I had the tasting menu and some of it. like the pate, salad, and salmon were nice, but not phenomenal. The pate was the only real "French" part of the menu for me, the rest was more like Nouvelle American. The steak was half fat, for a tasting menu I would expect a good cut with NO fat. Staff was courteous and efficient. It is one of the better restaurants in Placerville, which is short on good restaurants, but for the money ($100.00+ with tip), I can find a better meal up 50. I would go back, as I say, there are not a lot of good restaurants up here. When out with friends for a day of visiting vineyards or hiking, it is a nice finish.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Best French food! A wonderful date place, or a nice place for a family dinner. Pricey though.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 18, 2008

My wife and I visit ZJs as often as possible. The atmoshere is relaxed. The service is superb. And the food is exceptional. It's a little out of the way, but if you order the Sampling Dinner, I can gaurantee that you will not be disappointed. You get a 5 or 6 course meal (I lost track of the courses) along with a variety of exquisite wines to accompany each course. I think it is an outstanding value. Try any of their entrees. You will return a second and third time. Oh...make reservations. The secret is out.

Dave Gunter

Reviewed January 31, 2008

We had a party of 4, so I got to taste many things. The shrimp appetizer in a lime sauce was outstanding. The stuffed mushrooms were also tasty. I enjoyed the high quality steak. My daughter loved the stuffed squash blossoms. We all felt too full for dessert until we saw the dessert cart. They have a carmelized sugar confection that is unusual, beautiful, and delectable. The service was competent, and the small wine list had quality wines at reasonable prices. I look forward to returning the next time I'm in the area!

Reviewed September 16, 2006

Zachary Jacques is the best place to dine in El Dorado County. It's the perfect place to stop for dinner after a day spent wine tasting in the many wineries in the area.

They have a wine bar that opens at 4:30. The dining room opens at 5:30 Wednesday through Sunday. You can dine outdoors or inside, but reservations are strongly recommended.

The best thing about this restaurant is the food. The food is great! The mushroom appetizer was creatively done and tasty. The duck was tender and moist and quite a large portion. Salmon was uniquely prepared with a brown sugar and horseradish sauce that had me a little worried because I'm not a big fan of horseradish. It was delicious. Slightly sweet and the salmon very tasty and moist.

They use fresh ingredients and the chef definitely knows how to cook.

3  Thank cheers2wine