“Best French Restaurant”
Review of Zachary Jacques Restaurant - CLOSED

Zachary Jacques Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Love the food and the bar area. The bar has music in the evenings, I believe on the weekends only, but it has been a while since I've eaten there. Its a bit pricey for a single person like me.

Reviewed October 30, 2010

We had a really nice dinner - great ambiance - killer music! three piece jazz - flute, stand up bass, and guitar. If I had to rate this in the Bay Area or some other ruban area with tons of choices, I would probably rate this lower, but Placerville is SLIM PICKNS for restaurants. My husband had venison and I had a vegetarian dinner. The price was great - $25 for a three part prix fixe with tons of choices.

Reviewed July 22, 2010

Without doubt among the top 4 in placerville - along with Sequoia, Luna, and Heyday. After Christian sold the place, the food did not suffer, in fact it may have improved in some respects. Cozy rustic little place in the middle of rural El Dorado Country wine country. nice patio. Highly recommended French and French-inspired American.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

My wife and I went with friends to Zachary Jacques and everything was superb! I started with a Caesar salad. The dressing was excellent as was the fresh quality of the romaine lettuce. This was followed by a rib eye steak that was served with baby green beans and the best scalloped potatoes I have ever had. The flavor was amazing! For dessert I had the lemon tart which was excellent ! We had gone for the early dinner which was $17.95 per person, and it was well worth it. The portions were perfect and we left with smiles on our faces and definite plans to return! I have to make a comment about the review dated 5-20-2010 giving the restaurant only 2 stars. That reviewer was in our group the evening we had dinner. That individual didn't really want to be there although that person committed to the reservation then tried to back out. The individual also indicated that a rough day at work made the individual not want to be there, and grumpy. So - my thoughts to that individual is to not commit to reservations, stay home next time or go to McDonalds, Acting like a 9 year old at a very nice restaurant????????? Anyway, we plan on going back!

Reviewed June 16, 2010

My husband and I went with friends to Zachary Jacques and I have to say that everything was superb! We started with a Caesar salad. The dressing was excellent as was the fresh quality of the romaine lettuce. This was followed by a rib eye steak that was served with baby green beans and the best scalloped potatoes I have ever had. The flavor was amazing! For dessert I had the St. Honore which was a taste of heaven! My husband had the lemon tart which was equally as good! We had gone for the early dinner which was $17.95 per person, and it was well worth it. The portions were perfect and we left with smiles on our faces and definite plans to return!