“Great taqueria - Are we in Baja yet?”
Review of Tijuana Taqueria

Tijuana Taqueria
Ranked #36 of 125 Restaurants in Placerville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Going to this place makes you feel like you just crossed the border. There are old black and white photos of Tijuana and classic Mexican movie posters on the walls (along with the requisite Mex. beer marketing paraphernalia). You can buy good carnitas by the pound! And the tortas (sandwiches) are as good as any outside of Baja. This place if off the beaten path and has a nice shady patio (if the weather is nice). They don't seem to have anything out of the ordinary on the menu, but if you like your Mex with an authentic feel definitely check this place out.

1  Thank BKBCRV

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have tried many of the Mexican places in the area and by far this is my favorite. This place is the most authentic (probably only authentic) Mexican restaurant in El Dorado County. Meals very well prepared with ample portions and excellent taste. I love the enchiladas and the chips and salsa bar. The chile reyenos and fish tacos are delicious and the carnitas are awesome!

1  Thank Jalyssa
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is my favorite taqueria in Placerville. Never been disappointed. And the owner is a really nice guy.

1  Thank Adam A
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Very fresh and tasty. I have not found anything I haven't enjoyed. Although their carnitas is my favorite. Order a pound or two to go and it comes with fresh onions and cilantro! My only complaint is that they don't have ice and I like my drinks on ice. They serve their drinks cold out of a refrigerator.

1  Thank sandlovers
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I think the food here is a little better than your average local mexican food but not enough to rate it as a very good restaurant. The restaurant has grown from a very small take out only spot to a medium size restaurant, lots of locals like it.

1  Thank hughwho