“what a find !!!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Alamo, California
“what a find !!!!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very nice place - the setting in the cellar, the wine and beer selection, the food and the service. On the way back from river rafting we found this place - off the beaten path so you have to know it is there. You can sit out on the patio or down in the cellar by the bar. It was a very hot day so we sat in the cellar. The cellar is the shaft to an old gold mine and also has a powder room (think dynamite). Very nice setting. The bar has some very nice beer selections from local breweries and the vines were very nice. The Italian style wine that I had was very nice - also had a nice Rose that was deep red as was made with a lot more skin. Loved it.
Now the food - the small plates were great in the ceviche and shrimp cake. Risotto was awesome too made with fresh local vegetables - flavorful and very nicely done. My 8 year old finished his three pulled pork sliders as if he was sniffing them and said they were his best - he is some what of a pulled pork connissieur as he tries them everywhere so big statement coming from him - did not even let me get a taste. The Margarehita pizza was awesome - loved the fact that they had tomatoes on it. Tried the sea bass also from the table and that could have been better - that was the special - while the fish was good it was a bit too over done for sea bass from my perspective and was getting to get dry - the chef also came to visit but i did not have the heart to tell him that.

I will be a regular here now on my way to south lake tahoe. Just loved it.

The best part was our server Ashley who is also the sommelier and was very nice. I just like such people - she recommeded stuff but was not over bearing just nice- liked her wine recommendations. She has just moved to the area and I hope she stays there.
There was 8 of us 4 adults and 4 kids and hence we got to try out so much food. Like the concept of using local produce to the extent they can.

Again what a find. Loved it !!!!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Top_Ramen1

Placerville, California
“Mmmmmm”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food here is soooo good, the choices are seasonal, the service is wonderful, and the ambiance is quite unique! One of our favorite places to eat, especially for special occasions.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank yukonmom
Alameda, California
“Wow, so good”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

The food was so good. Fresh. Well prepared. Well served. Very tasty. Everything was good. Salad. Risotto. Filet. Dessert. I don't believe you could go wrong no matter what you ordered. If you are in Placerville, head out to Smith Flat and enjoy a wonderful meal.

1 Thank Greg M
Lincoln, California
“A wonderful lunch in the outside patio”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We decided to try the Smith Flat House since it's been years ago under different ownership we dined here.
We were seated outside (our choice) in the patio. They had just recently removed the wall from the patio so you could enjoy the fresh weather.
We both had the turkey sandwich and garden salad. Both were outstanding. I thought I was in Napa Valley as the food was fresh and perfectly put together. Service was friendly and efficient. And the chef introduced himself and made sure we were taken care of.
I have dined at this location under several previous owners and none can top the new renovations, food and service.
Cannot wait to try the dinners

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Boise1939
San Francisco, California
“Flavors were sensasential and service was exceptional”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Very nice staff / welcoming and the food was creative. Very fresh and delightful! A gem and hope that they stay in placerville for a long time.

• Visited February 2014