“Not the Usual Seafood Restaurant”

Powell's Steamer & Pub Co.
Ranked #21 of 125 Restaurants in Placerville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I think we expected a seafood restaurant, but true to the name, it's really a noisy local's pub with some good food and some other food. We ordered different dinner items - the prime rib was decent, but (I don't know why) my server didn't ask how I wanted it cooked (it does make a difference). My husband ordered a seafood stew, but it was more stew and less seafood. Really delicous, but not enough stuff in the bowl for the price. All in all, just an average meal.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

food is average. service was good. small restaurant so there is no where you can go to escape the noise from the bar.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been to Powell's several times over the last 10 years. Its always consistently good. Love their chowders and the shrimp louie sandwich with real louie dressing like it should be.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Didn't eat here so I can't rate the food. But their beer selection was outstanding. They had something like 20+ different microbrews on tap. I have to go back to try more!

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

You people have no concept of how small towns are. You're probably not even from the area. Powell's was a part of Placerville long before you imbecils even knew if this town's existence. Not only should not come back, but stay out of Placerville as well.