“Indian Casino”
Review of Red Hawk Casino

Red Hawk Casino
Ranked #4 of 51 things to do in Placerville
More attraction details
Owner description: Red Hawk Casino offers a variety of gaming options. We're proud to offer a world-class gaming experience, with something for everyone.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed November 24, 2013

As far as Indian Casinos in California, it's par for the course. None of them are paying like they used to, when it comes to the slots. The slots have become so tight, not only am I losing, but no one else is either. After while this gets old.

One of my biggest complaints about this casino is the SMOKE! To get to the restaurants or the non smoking section, one must walk all the way across the smoking section. They need better ventilation.

I do like the drink station, where you can get a soda or coffee, etc.

They used to have a great deal on the buffet for seniors, before I reached 55, they discontinues it. Now one has to gamble enough to get 100 points, before you can have $5. off on food. So, we very, very seldom eat dinner at Red Hawk.

7  Thank Judy K

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Have gambled here quite a bit and never won anything to talk about. I understand its gambling but at least let me play for a few minutes.

The help is rude and not the brightest people in the casino.

The food is ok but there is no over night coffee shop. There is a snack bar type place but the food is HORRIBE there. Ordered a French dip and Im quite sure the meat was rotten. Buffet I did not like but I have never found one I did. Husb and I went there once and left the table to get more food. Came back to all new people sitting at our table! How awkward is that? And the servers we told could not have cared less.

6  Thank Joanne S
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Recently, while spending time in Placerville, my wife and I decided to try our luck at Red Hawks Casino. I played craps and my wife tied her luck with the slots. We are both conservative gamblers. My wife felt that the slots were tight and she did not leave a winner. I had a great time at the tables. While I also did not leave a winner, I could have if I had stopped playing sooner. I am looking forward to stopping again. Customer service was fabulous. If you like gambling and would like to have some fun, try Red Hawks Casino.

2  Thank Keith S
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This past year I have tried the buffets at Thunder Valley, Jackson Rancheria (after their building renovation), and Red Hawk. Personally, I still believe Red Hawk is the best and its not even close! To be fair, I am only talking about their mid week lunch buffets. I have not tried the dinner buffets at each of these places. And Red Hawk also has the nicest views while eating the buffet.

Red Hawk also has the best deal for seniors 55+ since their senior special runs five days a week, Mon-Fri. Just earn 100 points and you get a $5 food voucher good for their buffet or any of their other food sources as well as $5 free promo play. And for those who can use it, the Red Hawk shuttle service is also very good and its free.

3  Thank RevfromCA
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was one of the nicest casinos I have visited. Very clean and lots of variety for slot machines. The staff I encountered were all very friendly and helpful. It is a smoking casino but I am a non smoker and didn't really have a problem with the smoke. I have been in a lot worse!!!!! I would definitely visit again if I am ever in this area.

2  Thank grandmadank