“Nice if you like slot machine play.”
Review of Red Hawk Casino

Red Hawk Casino
Ranked #2 of 50 things to do in Placerville
More attraction details
Owner description: Red Hawk Casino offers a variety of gaming options. We're proud to offer a world-class gaming experience, with something for everyone.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Beautiful architecture, and nice view. Other than that, a pretty standard casino. Lots of slots, and a few table games. Good food, We used to meet once every week or so for an outing with our friends to partake of the buffet when it was $5.99, and play a little slots. Now that they have discontinued the discount, we never go.

3  Thank Bates4some
There are newer reviews for Red Hawk Casino

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Red Hawk Casino refused to pay me a validly won jackpot. When I demanded to speak with casino management, they refused to talk to me and then threw me off the premises saying I was banned. When I asked about how to dispute this I was given erroneous information and the good old runaround. If you value your money, play at other casinos. Red Hawk Casino is failing and they are trying to hold on to every dollar they can.

9  Thank RANDALL W
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been to Cache Creek and Thunder Valley before but this was my first visit to Red Hawk Casino. We were on the way back from Lake Tahoe and decided to stop there for dinner. Fortunately for us it was STEAK NIGHT. First things first as the casino is located right off the freeway (US 50) - very easy access. Parking is plentiful. The interior of the casino is the best looking of the three. The restaurant area is also the best looking of the three. It might not be fair to compare Friday night seafood night at Thunder Valley to Red Hawk Steak Night on Saturday but the wait was about five minutes at Red Hawk where at Thunder Valley it was over 20 minutes. Food was excellent as all I had was steak. I was so full with the delicious New York steak I ate, I forgot to save room for dessert. Completely satisfied!!!!! And I didn't gamble at all.

2  Thank Alan N
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love it here, especially when Chris Gardner band is playing. We love to dance to their music and enjoy a little gambling :} Buffet is good too

Reviewed June 27, 2013

When they first opened, the food was terrible. We live only a mile or two away, but until last week hadn't eaten here in years. On our recent visit there was a huge difference - a night and day difference. Service was friendly and the food was very good. Except for the Bellagio in LV, the food here is as good as any casino buffet we’ve found.

Good:
Nice view, good service, good food. Good prices on weekdays.

Not as good:
Although the restaurant area is smoke-free and very pleasant, you must walk through a smoky casino to get there.

2  Thank Jon V