“Canned and Microwaved Mexican Food”
Review of Red Hawk Casino

Red Hawk Casino
Ranked #4 of 51 things to do in Placerville
More attraction details
Owner description: Red Hawk Casino offers a variety of gaming options. We're proud to offer a world-class gaming experience, with something for everyone.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Reviewed February 22, 2013

How can you mess up Mexican food? The tortillas were tough like they were microwaved and the beans were canned. The fish tacos were bland and flavorless, the salsa was gelatanous and mushy.

1  Thank ariana b

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Fun time...pretty smokey even in the "non smoking area"..Buffet is a good deal, lots to choose from.Awesome " KIDS QUEST" area!!!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Clean, we'll ventilated, and we'll lit. We enjoyed our time there. They have a lot of slot machines and some table games. They also have a non-smoking section downstairs. No hotel on the property, but their are several within ten miles.

2  Thank Morgan N
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I really enjoy going here. The casino is bright and clean. The air is mostly clear considering all the smoking going on, they do have a total seperate floor for non smoking too. I wish they would ban cigars and pipes though.
The easy access to free beverages is a plus and the wait staff brings bottled water around too.
There are lots of options when it's time to eat.
They have a rewards program and also offer some nice gifts.
The staff here are very nice, from courteous to down right friendly. Always helpful. The valet team is especially good.

1  Thank giftedmama
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This casino security sucks. I was encountered by two individuals who wanted to fight me because the girl stated that I bumped her and did tno say excuse me. I told her I said excuse me but she chose to ignore it. I think she and her boyfriend was looking for a fight. We were right there near the key card machine near the key card counter. The employee hear everything and did not call security. They eventually left after they realize that I was not going to go to the garage and fight with them. I went to security and reported the incident and the manager (Tiffiany) asked me "what did I want her to do about it". Well, I am in security so I told her maybe you should go look at your cameras and go back about 15 min and see who those people were. She then stated that she would look at the camera. Never, never did security come to me to let me know that they located the people and had them leave the casino. I only stayed the 3 hours there because I was afraid to leave. They did offer to have security walk me to the garage, but no one ever came over when I asked the guy near the elevators to call for one. He was very old and did not understand why I needed security to escort me. I am really scared to go to that casino and will go to thunder valley from now on.

11  Thank Cheryl B