“Great Thai Food in Old Hangtown”
Review of Taste of Thai

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just off of Broadway and away from downtown is a great little Thai restaurant in Placerville. My wife and I met another couple there since we were aching for good Thai food. The food was delicious and the service was spectacular. Portions were good size and the price was fair. The ambiance was what you would expect from a Thai place and the overall experience was great.

They have a lunch menu through the week and if you see something on the regular menu during lunch time just ask and they'll make you a lunch portion. (At least that's what they did for one the people in our group).

Reviewed July 20, 2012

and great food. We've been twice lately and have tried a couple of different curries and my favorite pad thai with glass noodles. The food is wonderful, the service good and it's a delightful dining atmosphere.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I always go with a curry and this time I went with the massaman, which is generally my favorite. The dish here stuck with its traditional roots – carrot, potato, peanuts and onion – and the sauce was just as sweet and tasty as any Thai restaurant. The decor was even pretty on-par with Thailand, hosting dark, rich tables and carved characters. My husband was satisfied with his dish, too, even though it hosted some odd non-Thai veggies, such as pickles. Weird. Still, this is a good place to get my Thai fix in Placerville.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Bad Food, Not Thai just bad. And that's all I have to say about that.

1  Thank FireGod2112
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My spouse and I went for a late lunch/early dinner, and there were very few other diners. The owner sat us down and gave us menus for our perusal. We were too late for the lunch menu, but the prices were mostly the same as the dinner menu, and offered only a few different items. We ordered a Jasmine tea and a Singha beer, Fresh spring rolls for appetizer and Pad Thai and Lemon Grass chicken for dishes to share with an order of white rice. The rolls had fresh lettuce and carrots with a piece of tofu, and the dipping sauce was very mild and not much taste to it. Somewhat disappointing. The Pad Thai was cooked well, the noodles tasted good, but there was really no peanut taste to it, and I have had better Pad Thais. The last dish was the Chicken with a thick peanut sauce over sliced pieces of breast chicken, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot slivers, and a wilted piece of lettuce. The sauce was very good, not too heavy, the chicken was cooked well, and the veggies were not overcooked. Overall, we were disappointed in the dishes we tried, and as the Pad Thai is our traditional dish to try in all new Thai restaurants as our rating scale, we felt that this restaurant is a bit expensive for the quality.