“Best rub and marinade on lamb chops ever”
Review of Bricks

Bricks
Ranked #5 of 125 Restaurants in Placerville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stopped at this restaurant to get hot chocolate which turned out to be pretty bad but the food was great. I had a lamb chop appetizer that had the best dry rub I've ever had. Family also had great seared ahi tuna lettuce wraps. Looking at other dishes, the burgers looked great, and so did everybody else's dish. Atmosphere was great too, football was on and everybody was into the game. Visit was on a slow Sunday night and while all the other restaurants on Main Street Placerville were empty, Bricks was full, I guess the locals know what's good. We will probably always stop there on our way to South Lake Tahoe.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I've eaten at Bricks a few times. They serve large portions, but to be fair, the food is unremarkable, with the exception of their hamburgers. The steak with green peppercorn sauce is served with a brown gravy that hasn't even a hint of peppercorns. The pasta is an oddly doctored macaroni and cheese. Stick with the hamburgers and get your steaks or pasta elsewhere.

The service was good, especially when you consider it was a Friday night and they were busy. This is a loud restaurant. Not a place for intimate dinning.

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

This place is one of our go to places to eat in town. My husband's favorite for the burgers. This is the only place I can eat a burger because they offer gluten free bread! This is much appreciated for someone who has celiac. The flavors are well matched in most dishes. The only thing that continually bothers me is the noise. This place is so LOUD! I find it very crowded and I can barely hear others right across my table. They are often very busy even on slower dining nights so be prepared to wait. They would do well in a larger establishment!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was our first visit and we were favorably impressed. We each ordered their basic salad which was l a nice salad, larger than expected but nothing special. As an appetizer we had spinach and artichoke dip with tortilla chips. This would have been a good choice if we were just having drinks, but was too heavy to eat along with a regular meal. Our bad. We decided to split an order of chicken cavatappi, which was excellent, with flavorful tender chicken. A single order was more than enough for two people, but could have been served better. It would have been nice to have two empty plates along with the main dish, and a spoon or something to serve with. Instead, we had to shove food from the full dish to the empty one with a knife, slopping sauce and feeling awkward.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We've eaten here a few times now, I order the mario burger everytime, its delicious! they have a very nice bar