“YUMMY!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
El Dorado Hills, California
“YUMMY!!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This place pretty much serves all American style food. They have Steaks and Hamburgers I think some pasta. I went for my Birthday with two little kids. Its a little more upscale, but they were very accomodating towards my children. And they gave me a huge slice of cheesecake for my birthday!

Visited November 2012

“Burgers and brew”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Placerville is a small town. But the Burgers are far from it. Last night we had filet mignon which was cooked perfect and washed it down with a nice draft beer. No reservations so try and avoid rush hour.

• Visited March 2013
Placerville, California
“Not as good as last time...”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We ate at Bricks last week, it's been several months since our previous visit. I like Bricks, it's nice to have another upscale restaurant in town. That said, I'm not sure what is going on, or if we just caught them on a bad night. On previous visits, we were impressed by the quality of ingredients, preparation and careful service. We ate here last Valentine's day and had one of our best meals ever. Unfortunately, last week we were disappointed by the slow speed of service, and the food was not up to par. One of our party had the crab cake sandwich with fries. The fries were not hot and were rather soggy, instead of hot and crisp as they should be. The crab cake also was not very hot and was not particularly interesting. I had the cinnamon apple pork chops with rice and mixed vegetables. The pork chops were perfectly cooked and the apples and sauce were tasty. The rice was bland and room temperature. To improve the taste of the rice, I would have liked to add sauce to them, but there was not enough sauce to moisten the cold, dry rice. The vegetables, which were a nice mixture of seasonal veggies were, unfortunately undercooked, bland and room temperature. I like my veggies tender crisp, but not as hard as a raw carrot. There appeared to be some sort of herbs in the mix, but I was unable to taste the herbs or any other seasoning. I suspect our dishes were sitting for some time waiting to be delivered, unusual since it was not very busy that night. Let's hope that this was an aberration and not the new normal.

• Visited February 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A nice place to dine with friends”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We've been through Placerville many times and struggled to find a decent restaurant. This visit we were invited to meet family at Bricks. The atmosphere is warm with the namesake brick interior and lighting. There were six of us including two children. We were seated at a table with tablecloths. The service was excellent, and the menu diversified enough to satisfy everyone. John and I split the Apple Chops with rice, pieces of apple and vegetables. It was reasonably priced at $15.95 and plenty for us to split. The waitress brought a second plate with out us asking. They have a full bar and a nice selection of deserts. I'd certainly enjoy eating at Bricks again next time we are in Placerville. Walking the shops after dinner was the topper on a nice evening.

• Visited December 2012
Happy Valley, Oregon
“Busy place again”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Bricks never disappoints in terms of the food. The portions are generous and tasty, obviously prepared with care. Our ahi was seared to an absolutely perfect degree! And for a change, the place was busy today, something that hasn't been the case in our last few visits at lunchtime. Slow or busy though, the service is a touch too laid back for our tastes. Our server was bustling, but not stopping by our table. It's a shame, because it's the big miss in a place that otherwise serves great food, intentive drinks and excellent local wines. Something to note - the restaurant is brick and wood with high ceilings, and as a result, it can get very noisy. That doesn't work well for confidential business discussions or those who have a harder time hearing.

• Visited December 2012