“Great waitress”

Buttercup Pantry
Ranked #8 of 124 Restaurants in Placerville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stopped on our way to tahoe and also comming back. We had breakfast on the way and they serve it all day. Very good value. Lots of food they also have a senior menu. We had lunch on the way back . I had the soup and salad bar and it was very reasonably priced in fact cheap.
But the waitress we had both going and comming was just great . I work in the resturant business and if you could have all your help with her attitute you would be lucky. She has worked for a while at it and she still has a great attitude. She was very attitive and fun to watch. The food was also good espicially the big breakfasts.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were actually asked to leave because they "were really busy" after paying & tipping.
On Sunday 3/10/13, I planned to meet my dear friend, who is recovering from breast cancer surgery, for breakfast at Buttercup Pantry. I arrived first with my two children (3 & 15), we were seated promptly, the waitress was friendly. About 15 minutes my friend Terri arrived. We ordered a wonderful breakfast for all, ate & enjoyed conversation. My friend paid the bill & tipped the waitress, all was fine, then my 15 yr old son decided to show my friend some of his magic tricks, while my friend finished her muffin & drink. He took out his deck of cards & proceeded to do a few magic tricks (quietly not bothering anyone). About 10 minutes in the waitress came back to our table and said, "If I can't get you anything else, I'm going to have to ask you to leave". Our jaws dropped, I'm sure of it. Seeing the expression of surprise on my face, she then said, "well it is Sunday", "we are very busy today, there are people waiting". We looked around & nearby was an open booth & a open table. If people were waiting then why were there open tables nearby? The waitress came back to our table a few minutes later & said, "did I say something to upset you"? "I could see from the look on your face that something maybe is wrong". I told her that never in my life had I been asked to leave a restaurant because "they were too busy". Yes this was extremely offensive to me. She apologized & reiterated that it was a busy morning.
On our way out we approached the owner, told him what had happened, and he backed his waitress 100%. He did not care that we had actually been asked to leave. I will miss their delicious tuna melt but it is not worth the lack of common courtesy.
Apparently they are not trying to keep local returning customers. I will never return.

4  Thank JoAnNaSaLtOn13
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Situated on the edge of town with easy access to Route 49, this is a good place to eat lunch or brunch. The menu is varied and most of the food is produced on site, particularly the three varieties of soup and several high calorie content pies and cakes.
The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the prices are not exorbitant. It is also well placed for visiting further on in the Main Street of Placerville with its many and varied shops.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Buttercup Pantry is a cute restaurant with good service. The food is not impressive and takes a while to come out due to the high volume of customers. I wouldn't choose to dine here again given other choices. The servers are attentive and very friendly, but I wasn't impressed with the food in the least.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very cute inside with lots of tea pots displayed on the walls. Good scramble with chicken breast, added avacado, cheese and tomatoes. Good hash browns. So-So coffee. Good service. Cozy place.