“Phenomenal homemade food with prompt service”
Review of Hog Wild BBQ

Hog Wild BBQ
Ranked #6 of 125 Restaurants in Placerville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: (530) 622-3883
Description: (530) 622-3883
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The service was great, as well as the atmosphere of this local restaurant! By far the the best bbq I've had in a long time.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I've had mixed experiences with BBQ places over the years with pork ribs. In some cases, the ribs were finished over a grill and were overcooked and burned or scorched or the sauce lacked flavor. Or they were skimpy on meat. I ordered a half rack of pork ribs at Hog Wild and was most surprised. I received a nice half rack of six ribs that were meaty, juicy, and quite flavorful because they were smoked and cooked slowly all day. This gave them a great texture and flavor. The BBQ sauce was pretty decent, as well. The mashed potatoes were freshly prepared and the green beans were nice and crispy and not the mushy canned variety that one sometimes gets. These were some of the best---if not the best--pork ribs that I've even had. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

What a diamond in the rough!!!!

the atmosphere is basic but the food is incredible. this is some of the best bbq i have ever had and the simple menu is really great.

i cant wait to stop off here again!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The new owners - Aaron and Jamie Evans - are working hard to make this the number one restaurant in the Gold Country. Aaron has introduced his own Texas style BBQ and Jamie brings efficient and friendly management to the table. All of their other team members were also working hard to make our experience enjoyable.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I invited Hog Wild Bar- B-Que, and the new owners Aaron and Jamie Evans to cater our office Christmas party for 100 persons. While new to Placerville, they bring years of experience from their former catering business in Texas. True Authentic Texas BBQ.

They did an Outstanding job for a tough audience of construction workers. I would hire them again in a minute. They are on my favorite's list now.

I wanted a caterer that could do the whole job, not just the food. Other caterers I called would not provide tables or chairs. I had to do that myself. Jamie and Aaron stepped up to the challenge, and made all the arrangements for tables and chairs, including delivery and pickup. We also picked up some extra propane heaters when the warehouse turned out to be a bit cold.

They came in early and set up our warehouse area with tables covered with linens. They set up their serving area and put out holiday decorations, making it a very attractive as well as functional setting.

Dinner consisted of Smoked Beef Brisket and Chicken breasts, Ranchero Beans, Green Salad and potato salad, drinks and desserts cookies. Perfectly cooked and at a reasonable price per head.

Everyone went away satisfied. Portions were generous.

We have frequented Hog Wild BBQ for several years now under both ownerships and I can rest assured that the quality and the service we were used to, is carried on by the new owners.

Give them a try. Everything on the menu is excellent. Especially the Cheeseburger. Try the Cheeseburger!!!