“The Best Little Taqueria”
Review of Taqueria Carnival

Taqueria Carnival
Ranked #24 of 121 Restaurants in Placerville
Cuisines: Mexican
Placerville, California
“The Best Little Taqueria”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Very clean, always friendly, and frequented regularly. Tacos may be their specialty, but the menu includes large plate meals. The salsa bar and tortilla chips are complimentary with your purchase and offers a wonderful array of different types of salsas and toppings for tacos or chips. The super soft taco with grilled chicken is our healthy favorite.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank 4everjung

Placerville
“Good food, good value, friendly staff!”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Opens early for breakfast. Food always good! Great salsa bar with lots of extras.

Sacramento, California
“HIT or miss!”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

It was OK until my hubby got food poisoning and now we wont be back.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank dannirose3
Placerville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top Notch Food and Service”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

A group of my friends joined me for my birthday at this establishment. We were given the royal treatment, including a fabulous free dessert (for me)! Another friend brought a homemade cake (later) and the waitstaff graciously offered us plates, etc. to use though she had brought some. They didn't mind that we spent several hours there; we felt no pressure to leave. Not only was the food good and reasonably priced, but the staff was very friendly and as I said, very accommodating. Thanks for making my special day a day to remember!

By the way, I made a reservation because of the abnormal size of our group but I don't believe reservations are the norm. Also, although I wouldn't categorize the view as "scenic", the indoor is clean and well decorated and the outdoor patio has a nice fountain.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank OvertheRainbow07
previse
“Authentic Mexican food in Placerville”
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Taqueria Carnival is a busy, popular place. This is bare-bones menu-on-the-wall, no frills self-service eating. The prices are reasonable and service is quick. For the uninitiated, such as myself, many of the menu options are unfamiliar which makes the ordering process confusing. When it arrives at your table, the food might come as something of a surprise.

Although outdoor seating is available, this is a noisy, hectic restaurant. It’s not a relaxing place to eat, but if you want reasonably priced authentic Mexican food in a hurry, Taqueria Carnival might be just your spot.

1 Thank Jon V