“Appetite run”

Casa Ramos
Order Online
Ranked #15 of 138 Restaurants in Placerville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: I live in Placerville and eat here frequently. The last time I looked it had over a dozen five star recommendations on Tripadvisor that seem to have disappeared. The food is terrific (I like the seafood burrito). The salsa is wonderful. The service is almost always excellent. The décor is comfortable and attractive. I’ve eaten at probably a hundred Mexican restaurants. Of those three or four were really good, but Casa Ramos is the best.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My daughter and I decided to try out the downtown area. We stopped in here for a drink and shared appetizers. While it wasn't bad I was shocked at how expensive it was. We did get to sit in the window area which was nice for people watching. Probably would not go back.

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a reviewReviews (128)

Reviewed July 17, 2019 via mobile

We wound up here because I wrote a book and one of my fan clubs is based in Placerville where the book is set and they all wanted to get their books signed.

It was preset up with management that we would have a large group and I showed up at 5 one of the first to show up along with the two organizers...

It took an hour and a half for me to get an iced tea. My companions who arrived with me got their first beers quickly and they placed their good orders to go shortly after.

21/2 hours later they were still waiting for their beers and their food which they were lucky because the good was awful.

I stuck with french fries which I couldn't eat because the oil was rancid and they were cold on delivery.

Hubby went for tacos again inedible and this is a man that will hit every taco truck he can. They were dry, the meat tasted rancid the beans were cold and the rice was undercooked.

The rest of our group had similar issues and complaints.

This is one place to avoid.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed November 6, 2018

This is a beautiful location, with sunset views and unique decor! The food is delicious, with many choices to satisfy everyone in your party! The staff is always friendly, accommodating, quick to offer refills, and very knowledgeable about their ingredients. We always celebrate family birthdays here, because we love the way that the staff comes to sing for the birthday boy/girl! Ample portions, and great flavors!

Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

We ate here with a large business group. They took excellent care of us. Lots of couples & families eating here. Great food!

Reviewed October 12, 2018

Went for lunch. Restaurant was NOT busy, in fact I may have spotted only 8 or 9 tables with guests. there was 2 of us, and we were seated in the FAR back of the restaurant where no one else was sitting. We sat there for over 8 minutes when I asked my sweetheart to go find a waiter. I think it was the manager or one of the owners that finally came over and had the kind of attitude as if we had interrupted him from his bookkeeping chores. We had to repeat our order twice, and our drinks were wrong - diet coke became water and coke became diet coke. I felt as if he didn't understand English very well - because even our food order was jumbled.
I ordered a combination of taco and enchilada, and as many times as I have eaten at Casa Ramos, I can honestly say there was absolutely no taste to either of the items.

I was certainly disappointed. By the time we were half way through our meal, our waiter was replaced by a nicer and more observant young man.