“Great Mexican”
Review of Casa Ramos

Casa Ramos
Ranked #13 of 125 Restaurants in Placerville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: I live in Placerville and eat here frequently. The last time I looked it had over a dozen five star recommendations on Tripadvisor that seem to have disappeared. The food is terrific (I like the seafood burrito). The salsa is wonderful. The service is almost always excellent. The décor is comfortable and attractive. I’ve eaten at probably a hundred Mexican restaurants. Of those three or four were really good, but Casa Ramos is the best.
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The food is always good, no long wait, and authentic. Always busy, but never waited for a table. Beer served in what I call "Grande" glasses if you prefer.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I used to be a big fan of this restaurant, but was hugely disappointed on my recent visit. On the evening I ate there, there were few people in the restaurant. (In the past, it seems there used to be many more diners!) Here were the problems I encountered with my meal:

1. The fajita salad I ordered was unlike any other fajita salad. It looked nice, but was basically a slab of grilled meat on a bed of lettuce with some tomato slices, a sliced hard boiled egg, mushrooms and a couple slices of avocado added. I really missed the grilled onions and peppers that are normally part of fajitas.
2. When I ordered my salad, the dressings offered were standard - ranch, blue cheese, etc. It turns out there's a chipotle dressing, but the waiter wouldn't tell me about it. I get really frustrated when people assume I wouldn't like something.
3. It took forever to get my beverage. With only one or two other tables within sight, it shouldn't have taken 20 - 30 minutes to get my drink from the bar. Water came quickly, but the bar beverage came just before my dinner. I had to wait so long, I was wondering whether I was forgotten and almost left.

In addition to the service delays, the prices were higher for my meal than they are when I order the same items at other Mexican restaurants.

Since the quality of service has greatly deteriorated since the last time I was there (about a year ago), I will go to other Mexican restaurants instead of this one in the future.

1  Thank TravelGal2004
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Very good Mexican food with excellent service. Had the Camaronies Monterrey dish...very tasty. Definitely worth a repeat visit.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The food was very good as was the service. The waiters and waitresses were very attentive to our needs and very friendly!

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Fried and boring. Nothing special at all and has a "Denny's" feel about the food and place. We tried and gave it many chances but finally decided we won't be going back.