“Excellent”

Amerikan Ichi
Ranked #24 of 123 Restaurants in Placerville
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Had some friends take us there. The sushi was amazing and a good value for the all you can eat. Wow!! The wait staff was also excellent. This place is a hidden gem.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Not too many great restaurants up here in Placerville, so it was an amazing surprise to find a first-rate sushi restaurant tucked away in a little street mall on Broadway. We've rarely gone there when we don't have to wait for a table (well worth it), and like us, Amerikan Ichi's loyal fans keep coming back.

Friendly, cheerful service, incredibly fresh sushi, huge portions of tempura and lots of camaraderie amont the patrons!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

OK... This is such a great sushi bar... really fresh, great quality and the BEST staff ever!!! Most of the time, we have to wait for a table ( but hey...great sushi is worth waiting for !!)

1  Thank FanaticTourGuide
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Busy, small, high energy atmosphere, and excellent food! Try it out if you can find any seats! Friends we have invited say the sushi is as good as any they have tried in a 100 mile radius. My wife loves it. I'm not a sushi person myself, but the rest of the menu covers my taste buds. Check it out!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This used to be one of my favorite places to dine at and I frequented the restaurant at least 3 times a month. After the interaction I had with one of the waitresses & person that called himself the owner, I can't bring myself to go back. Called in advance for business hours to make sure they were open. Was told that they would be serving until 9pm. Arrived at 7:45 only to be denied service along with two other groups totaling 9 customers. We were shunned at the door by a very rude waitress and we all left looking for food elsewhere. I nicely expressed concern about their business practice on how it looks bad to be turning away business when they document and verbally say that they'll be open, but understood that these decisions are sometimes hard to make. She replied, "if you understand, then why are you being such a b!@#th about it?" Ok...bit my tongue and decided to call the next day to speak with the owner. Informed of my experience and expressed that I wasn't sure about coming back. He said that "that's a decision that you'll have to make for yourself"! Ok. Done!! No brainier. If he doesn't care about his customers, other restaurants that provide excellent customer service do. I'd rather give them my money. Bummer because I really liked this place, gave him the opportunity to retain a loyal patron, and he blew it.

4  Thank Robin K