“A lunch favorite”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Whenever I visit a friend in Placerville, we inevitably end up eating lunch at Heyday Café. On my last visit, I had a cup of bisque, a Caesar salad, and a glass of bubbly—all very good. I would like to see appetizers on the menu, but what they do offer is fresh and well made.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Very busy casual place with excellent food (we especially enjoyed the pizzas) and outstanding service.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We have eaten here at least 5 times, and have never had a meal we didn't enjoy. Eaten mostly at lunch time, tho made it for brunch once. The wait staff is friendly and helpful, without being intrusive. The tall tables aren't as comfortable to sit at as the normal ones, but they are ok if the room is limited due to its popularity. The menu is diverse and has something for everyone, tho I tend to stay with the salads.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

After several visits to Heyday Cafe, I have to say that it is highly over rated.Although they try to be a gourmet, trendy establishment, their food is lack luster. The quality does not match the written discription on the menu.The wine selection is usually good though.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We dined here on Sunday for the fourth time, I believe. The food is always good, although a little pricey for the area, the portions are well-sized. We have had a couple dishes that weren't executed as well as they could have been, but always tasty. Sometimes things sound like a good idea, but just don't work (like bleu cheese on a pizza). Service is very good. The restaurant is very small, so it can be cramped during busy times. They have a good wine and beer list and salads are always excellent. We will return!

1  Thank 1autumn1