“Yummy Sandwiches, Friendly Service”
Review of Heyday Cafe

Heyday Cafe
Ranked #1 of 122 Restaurants in Placerville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were staying at the Cary House, so this cafe was a natural for a lunch stop. It was packed at noon on a Monday, which gave us an idea of its popularity. The menu offered a good selection of salads, wraps and panini. The panini/salad combination was a very good value. I had the chicken sandwich with mango chutney and a caesar salad. The portions were huge! We ended up sharing the salad and eating only my sandwich, taking my husband's back to our fridge at the hotel. We loved the chicken sandwich...tender, well-flavored chicken with a tasty mango chutney that was really more like a jam. The caesar salad was the way we like it...lots of cheese and garlic! We ate the roast beef/arugula sandwich for dinner and it was delicious too! Great food, very friendly and efficient wait staff. Oh, and our server remembered to give us the Cary House discount even though we had completely forgotten we had the cards...she recalled that we mentioned we were staying there! I'm heading back to Heyday Cafe in a few weeks and bringing a group of foodie friends.

There are newer reviews for Heyday Cafe

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped here for lunch while driving back to the Bay Area from Tahoe. We found Haydey to be a great find. They have soups, salads, panini and pizza. We both had a chicken and sausage gumbo that was hearty and very good. Then we split a roast beef panini with arugula and aoili. It was all very fresh and tasty. They had a few beers on tap and an ok wine selection.
The atmosphere and decor are comfortable and up to date. The service was good and we enjoyed our meal. If we come through Placerville again, we'll be back!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nestled among a series of retail shops on Main Street, the Heyday Cafe is not to missed. The place seats about 20 plus 8 at the bar. The menu is filled with tasty choices. I choose the grilled chicken sandwich that is topped with applewood smoked bacon, pesto, and blue cheese on a soft Italian roll, served with a garlicky Caesar salad is fabulous. While sitting at the bar, you might get a chance to chat with one of the owners, Ben. He pours mostly local wines and is very knowledgeable about all of them. During lunch, he even gave us a pour of a couple of reds that made my mouth dance with joy. Prices are very reasonable on both food and wine. Service is friendly and easy. I noticed that the entire staff including the owner, all pitched-in and all shared in tasks; serving, busing and cleaning tables, checking-in with patrons, etc. Well organized and efficient. We liked this place so much, we went back two days later for another lunch. Do not miss this place.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were looking for a simple place for a good meal after a long day on the road. Trip Adviser had Heyday in the top 5 of 89 places to eat in Placerville. Had a pizza, brie appetizer prior, and a couple glasses of a local zinfandel. It was, as hoped, a nice evening.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

4 of us stopped to have lunch @ Heyday after going to Apple Hill. Everyone's lunch was more than acceptable except my Greek Salad. They left 3 items off the salad that was listed on the menu. When I brought this to their attention the threw a few thin slices of cucumber and cherry peppers in a little bowl and gave them to me. I told them that it was still a bad salad and didn't taste anything like a Greek salad. They offered no solution to the miserable salad. I guess a should have sent it back and refused to pay for it as I didn't eat it.
So what am I saying? If you rarely eat in Placerville try somewhere else.